What helped me

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by Frigate150, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Frigate150

Frigate150 New Member

Not sure how much this will help but from my experiences here is what helped me.

Get diagnosed- I had no idea about mental disorders when I had one and didn't know what I was suffering from which made things much worse- I think now days there is far more information about mental health out there and it is talked about far more then I was a teenager.

Medication- There are all sorts and often the first one you take is not for you, your dr in theory can go through options with you so if one dosn't work there are plenty around different people also react slightly differently to each one so what worked for one person might be different for someone else. Don't be afraid of increasing your dosage of taking medications in the first place if you have serious concerns talk to your dr about them.

Anxiety- can be horrible I've dealt with it and dealt with sever anxiety- know though that at the end of the day it is just fear and it is more powerless then you might think.

Friends- over the course of my existence I have meet many people and many people have been a good influence and a bad influence in my life and many in between but remember ultimately other people have their own lives to lead as you do and sometimes friends need and break from each other and can drift away, doesn't mean a friendship has to end badly sometimes friends just go their separate ways.

As well as medication if you have anxiety taking slow breaths and slowing down can help you as well, sometimes it is also good to deck your comfortable place like your bed out in to an even more comfortable one so even if you have a bad day you know you can go home to cozy bed when it is sleep time.

2 people like this.
  2. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Forum Buddy SF Supporter

Thank you for sharing this :) x