What I am not hearing?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lostprincess, Aug 19, 2016.

1. lostprincess

lostprincess New Member

what I am not hearing here is solutions, ideas to help us cope with the sad circumstances of our lives NOW. No, we were not always hopeless. I have and am trying everything possible to find a reason to live beyond my kitty needs me. One by one I am failing at everything I do to improve my life, like a curse has been placed upon me. But a common theme is loneliness, it is a killer. So I offer one solution I try to employ. Dance night. Every weekend, I find free music, no cover, and I force myself to go out and dance. It has helped. May I suggest finding something you like and attempting it with like minded people. Just a small option, but it may help u.

moxman and IamTetsuo like this.
  2. IamTetsuo

IamTetsuo Well-Known Member

That sounds like a fantastic idea! kinda scary too. Where do you dance? What music do you like?
    I have often thought about going out on my own but it's too frightening - pushing the comfort zone is so important though if you want to change your life.

3. lifetalkz

lifetalkz Well-Known Member

Hello lostprincess-I was encouraged to see your post, which talks about how you manage your depression. I'm a survivor of chronic depression-for more than twenty years I lived in a tunnel of sadness and isolation. For most of that time I thought about suicide daily. You were right in your post when you said "we were not always hopeless"-we became hopeless at some point. I can only speak for myself-my hopelessness came from many years of deep disappointment in myself and the people I cared about. Every relationship I got involved in seemed to suffer-I believed that there was not one aspect of my life that was going well. I felt that I failed at every goal I ever set for myself.

I'm 53 years old now (54 in January)-it's more than fifteen years later and my life is very different. I've learned a lot about recovery over the years. I know now that I was wrong about many things back then but also right-my perception of reality was distorted, that was where the hopelessness came from. I could go on for hours about what I've learned about depression during my recovery-in short I will just say that it is wonderful that you've found an outlet for pent up energy in dancing. The anger has to go somewhere so that it can leave your body forever. The hard part is learning how to stop the anger in it's tracks when it tries to return-don't give it a chance to plant seeds and take root. I had so much rage caught up inside of me that I believed that I would never rid myself of it-I'm very grateful that I was wrong.

It took several years but I finally dispelled my angry urges. As I have done before on this forum-I offer myself to you and anyone else who has questions for a person who pulled themselves up from the lowest of the low. Creating a new life for yourself is not a quick and easy endeavor to pursue-but it is possible. It takes a person many years to end up living in a state of total darkness and despair and takes at least that long to turn things around. I wish you the best of luck on your path going forward. Feel free to private message me if you want-LT

IamTetsuo likes this.
  4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for your suggestion. I hope others read post and take up your suggestion. Take care and keep posting.