• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Ideas & Opinions What I did after that deleted thread. Nothing good, so far. Sometimes, I think life is unfair, but that is stupid. Nothing is fair, to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
I have tried to call a handful of different phone numbers, suggested to me in this thread of mine: thread.
I was robberies for the counseling lines (1900). About $2 for 7 minutes, as if my mind would be clear enough to talk in time of crisis.

Again, you all will have to accept the fact that not all country on this planet has an official crisis hotline especially made for people with suicidal intentions. I even tried to call a crisis line for children. Obviously, the people on that line rejected me.

Who put that Didi Hirsch Torture Crisis Line in the first place? What should have been my response when I received "incorrect phone number" from a bot? The website of Didi Hirsch (website link) lists only American crisis lines. Such cruel joke that misinforms everyone. My fault, as well?

Now, the only option left is that police line, which is operated similar to American 911. They don't sound really gentle, calm or friendly when I tried to report a street fight at one point in the past, more like a frustrated office worker. Then, I'm a bit of worry for calling them for stuffs that are not about crimes, fires or physical health, as they may think of my call as a prank and fine me. Who knows? Another "man the fuck up"?

I guess good news is that there are articles about mental health issues, urging for the development of proper facilities and raising awareness, in a sense.

Inya

babaya gayolera
Again, you all will have to accept the fact that not all country on this planet has an official crisis hotline especially made for people with suicidal intentions.
Yes, it is a very sad fact. There are also a few European countries without a suicide crisis line.

I guess good news is that there are articles about mental health issues, urging for the development of proper facilities and raising awareness, in a sense.
Maybe you could somehow participate?

It's not a perfect solution, because it may not be as fast as you want, but Samaritans have an email (in English): jo@samaritans.org. It may not be great for an immediate crisis, but it might work if you just want someone to talk to.

I'm sorry it's so hard to find recourses in your country. It must be a tough spot to be in. Sending hugs *brohug.

johnDoen

I'm sorry John, that's really frustrating. You know you can always talk here. If it gets bad enough that you don't think you are safe, can you just go directly to an ER?
Having a suicidal panic is not really considered emergency, at least in my country. I'm afraid of what might happened as in the case of my first therapy visit for the same reason. Being interrogated in a small chilly room every week wasn't really helpful.

johnDoen

It's not a perfect solution, because it may not be as fast as you want, but Samaritans have an email (in English): jo@samaritans.org. It may not be great for an immediate crisis, but it might work if you just want someone to talk to.

I'm sorry it's so hard to find recourses in your country. It must be a tough spot to be in. Sending hugs *brohug.
I know, it took the Samaritans about a day or 24 hours. I have contacted them for about a year. Now, I feel a bit guilty contacting them, mostly because of what I think about the COVID-19 situation in the UK.

I know, it took the Samaritans about a day or 24 hours. I have contacted them for about a year. Now, I feel a bit guilty contacting them, mostly because of what I think about the COVID-19 situation in the UK.
In my opinion, I don't think you need to feel guilty. As long as they're able to respond to you, that suggests they have enough recourses to go around. I understand why that might make you feel a little guilty though. You don't need to contact them, but if you feel like you want to, I would go for it.

Keep yourself safe. Sending hugs *brohug.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Having a suicidal panic is not really considered emergency, at least in my country. I'm afraid of what might happened as in the case of my first therapy visit for the same reason. Being interrogated in a small chilly room every week wasn't really helpful.
Therapy shouldn't feel like an interrogation, maybe it wasn't the right person for you. But it sounds like maybe good mental health care is hard to come by there. I wish that wasn't the case. *hug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00