What I Do...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by theblamedson, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theblamedson

theblamedson Member

mainly, i pinch myself, bang my head against the wall really hard. bruising dont come at all for me, so i get away with it, but it does one thing, takes away the pain!

2. Myself

Myself Active Member

I just realy have to say it. THat sounds kind of weird when you think about it. Pain getting rid of pain.
    Sounds like a paradox to me.

ANyways, careful with the head thing. Can give you serious brain problems. And the long term effects are serious. I remember a few years ago I kept running into stuff, mainly accidently hitting my head, and it gave me serious anger issues. Whcih cause other things and generaly is very, very bad and annoying. Harming yourself is NOT worth it. There's some pain releif, but it gets worse over time, even if you stop at some point.

But at least your way is half safe.

But I should be asking why. I think. Just, uh, talk and not do painful things. Because painful things hurt.

I'm not helping much, am I? Well, I'm trying. And that's what counts. I think.

3. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Im addicted to cutting, some how bashing myself against a wall would hurt more

4. Lethal Photography

Lethal Photography Well-Known Member

I used to bang my head against the wall, but my parents would hear and I'd end up in the ER half the time. As a result, I stick to quieter methods.

5. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

Painful things hurt. And paint to get rid of pain.<-- true, that second one does sound strange. But, for the record, not that it makes a difference but, the idea behind it, is that your endorphin (I think thats how you spell it) level rises, because it's one of your bodies natural pain killers, it also helps regulate your 'happiness'. So, when you apply pain to yourself, endorphin levels rise, making you that little bit happier.
    Incase you were wondering.

6. Twitch-J

Twitch-J Guest

:blink:.... i had no idea... hmm... well thats interesting...
    me.. instead of cutting i got a punching bag and have been hitting that.. but lately i've been needing more.. i stopped wearing gloves and been hitting it bare but still not enough.. now i'm hitting trees... my knuckles are soar right now from hitting a tree for like an hour today..

as for banging your head... rr... don't... simply because its your head which contains your brain... which you need... surely there are other ways...

7. danni

danni Chat Buddy

I'm addicting to cutting and i push holes in my walls when my parents arn't there but i think u might want to try another way of getting rid of pain instead of bashing ur haed like what alot ppl said it contain ur brain and you need it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.