What I get for being honest with the Dr.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by mishela, Oct 13, 2011.

1. mishela

mishela Member

Yesterday I went to my med appointment at the local clinic. The Dr. asked about suicidal thoughts. I told her I have them all the time, but they're more of the OCD intrusive thoughts. She called a crisis team in. The lady in crisis, sets her things down and leaves the room for 10-15 minutes. I am alone in this room and notice her keys sitting there...with a pocket knife attached! What this lady was thinking, I don't know. Long story short, I was put on a 5150, handcuffed and shipped off to the state mental hospital in the back of a squad car. The Dr. at the hospital asked me "what am I supposed to do with you?" and when I told her I didn't even want to be there, she said she was going to send me back to the clinic with the sheriff. He took me back, he and everyone at the desk were in shock that she shipped me right back, so I went to the front desk and asked what I was supposed to do since my car had already been picked up and I hadn't received any help in the 11 hours I'd been dealing with this...they called crisis again. This time a man came and said that by law they weren't allowed to put me on another psych hold since I'd been discharged at the hospital, so they made me a new appointment for next week. I don't even know where to begin with how screwed up the whole situation was!
  2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Wow, what a roller coaster ride!! Are you okay??
  3. post op

post op Banned Member

What kind of world does policy come before people. Next time you prob won't say that again. How many people are lost due to rules.....