• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

What I meant to ask was - how to deal with daytime fatigue?

HappyKitty

•✮• SF's pet kitty, the cheerful and purest. •✮•
Putting my personal excuses aside, I’m the type that always have trouble staying asleep and while in my control for self-care ... My medical care team is helping me to try figure out how to manage the cause (with my sleep diary being recorded) so like meanwhile, I had to accept that I’m definitely do having trouble staying asleep...

My oxygen is not always 100% cause I’m always so tired all the time.... So like, other than “taking it easy to prevent further health risks and taking naps for productivity,”.... How do we exactly deal for daytime fatigue? It’s legit no longer daytime sleepiness anymore.... I’m feeling alone and miserable here. Its seriously debilitatingly effecting all my normal routine man.

LOSTINSIGHT

Putting my personal excuses aside, I’m the type that always have trouble staying asleep and while in my control for self-care ... My medical care team is helping me to try figure out how to manage the cause (with my sleep diary being recorded) so like meanwhile, I had to accept that I’m definitely do having trouble staying asleep...

My oxygen is not always 100% cause I’m always so tired all the time.... So like, other than “taking it easy to prevent further health risks and taking naps for productivity,”.... How do we exactly deal for daytime fatigue? It’s legit no longer daytime sleepiness anymore.... I’m feeling alone and miserable here. Its seriously debilitatingly effecting all my normal routine man.
Caffeine too late in the day?,,night time lights?,,eating too many carbs can cause fatigue,cut down on carbs early in the day ,sleep apnea?
Keeping to a circadian rythem as best you can.
Talk to your team about supplementing with melatonin ,keep it low dose as possible so not build a tolerance.
A few things I've come across myself .
Take care HK

HappyKitty

Hai. Anyway, its gonna get TMI but the reason I can’t stay asleep is cause of my PCOS is the reason behind my urinary/kidney condition that I have to accept. While waiting, I’ve been recording to see which daily normal routine is right for me and I have this done. Only now, I’m struggling to achieve eating 3-4 meals a day that both my gynae & dietician wants cause safe to say, I’m severely malnutrition and the medical care team wants to help me fix my sleep & eat habits so it won’t slower down my metabolism and make it worse. I just feel like I’ve fixed my sleep habits, now I hope I can make this consistent.

0CDE0B5C-A995-4253-924E-25BC31004BE0.jpeg

My eating is just fucked. I mean is it okay to eat only 2 meals a day and no snacks? Ugh.

Ps thanks @may71 for the 2 weeks sleep diary hehe I can now transfer my recordings to that and figure out which is the best working shift timings I can work once my normal routine is all fix. *hug

thanks @LOSTINSIGHT , maybe I can try reduce less carb while trying to make the routine above consistent and Melatonin still doesn’t work for me btw, I’d still get up. 🥺

@HappyKitty

are you on any dietary restrictions because of the kidney problems?
Since you are eating 2 meals a day, try to add a a liquid meal replacement twice a day. It will give you some nutrients & will help making a habit of eating. Set an alarm (on phone) to remind you to eat/snack. you are probably already taking vitamins. Are you tolerating them? Kids (chewable or gummies) vitamins are easier to tolerate. Try taking them twice a day.
having to eat is a real job! It takes a lot of energy to try to eat. But it will help you feel better.
let me know how it goes.

HappyKitty

@HappyKitty

are you on any dietary restrictions because of the kidney problems?
Since you are eating 2 meals a day, try to add a a liquid meal replacement twice a day. It will give you some nutrients & will help making a habit of eating. Set an alarm (on phone) to remind you to eat/snack. you are probably already taking vitamins. Are you tolerating them? Kids (chewable or gummies) vitamins are easier to tolerate. Try taking them twice a day.
having to eat is a real job! It takes a lot of energy to try to eat. But it will help you feel better.
let me know how it goes.
Yeah. Legit serious limitations on dietary and water intake stresses me outz. I’m not so allergic with anything, I just had to portion control all things. Wow thats a good idea. I could probably be on my meal replacement for breakfast and dinner. My kind of malnutrient is deficiencies, I wonder why I’m not allowed to take multivitamin like its not potent according to my Endocrine but that damn multivitamin is easy tho.... I had to take alot of prescribed vitamins and herbs one by one, is a lot.... And with me not being able to have the energy to eating well and medical restrictions..... I had to make sure my glucose levels doesn’t drop either. The minute I didn’t take that, it could harm everything. And yeahhh yeahh you’re righht about energy haha. I’m always so tired so maybe thats why I don’t wanna eat a lot.

HappyKitty

but also if i were to be on meal replacements, how do you discipline for snacks? my therapist told me i cant force myself but my gynae & dietician denies 😹😹😹

All you can do is try. Somedays are better than others. Its best to get nutrients from food. But desperate times calls for desperate measures. do you want to share what nutrients you need and which nutrients are limited? Perhaps i could give you some specific suggestions. Keep trying Kitty! We need you here at SF! 💜

HappyKitty

All you can do is try. Somedays are better than others. Its best to get nutrients from food. But desperate times calls for desperate measures. do you want to share what nutrients you need and which nutrients are limited? Perhaps i could give you some specific suggestions. Keep trying Kitty! We need you here at SF! 💜
Yay. Thanks you. *hug

Kitty only has been eating soft foods as thats been good for my digestive system. Like spagetthi, soup, etc. My therapist told me to experiment on hard foods as those are like crushing pills that wont absorb. I need to balance hard and soft foods like it or not. :( The only sad story is that my pcos hormones dropped (so theres some damage in the body thats being investigated) cause my (tmi sorry) pelvic floor muscles to be weakened and this causes the failure to fight urinary/kidney conditions and because my hormones and all nutrient levels are low, thats why my doctors are really strict on me with eating that the lower levels my hormones are, the more it is not sending the body right signals so aka nothing is working naturally. Like I’m forced to eat regularly everyday more. I don’t like to get into details on this usually... Its hard, I wanna give up. But this is how devastating it is, with poor sleep and eat and everything, i get seriously desperate for weight lost cause I can’t afford getting sick. 🥺

Last edited:

Velveteen Bunny

My very best suggestion is to start listening to Dr. Eric Berg on YouTube and he also has a website. Don't follow his advice until you have a plan. He's a power house of information. You might be confused at first, because much of what he says is the opposite of how the medical field has been taught and practices. Other good doctors out there are Dr. Jason Fung and Dr. Josh Axe. I also like the youtube channel, low carb down under. They have many good doctors who give life/health changing talks.

HappyKitty

Thanks everyone. ❤️

Anyway, just sharing my thoughts. This recovery is so hard. My doctors told me to work hard on preventing cancer and weight lost when ..... There’s already other diseases thats so bad than that like I’m so prone to infections and “obesity.” (My body shape isn’t so bad though just that my bmi is high, I have high and lows levels in my blood test.) I’m so mustering so much energy to fight those two before I can even think about preventing cancer and diabetes even... Like my medical care team is so so trying their best in treating me with “managing frustrations, damage control and bloody loads of behavioural adjustments at hospitals...” I just haven’t been happy on my personal side lately, just so drained at all this and has been trying so hard to find something that is safe for me so I won’t miss out on life when the costs of my medical bills is already above my roof. I’m just blessed my family had forgiven me and after all this, yano... Accomplishments doesn’t matter at the end of the day, its just going to be lessons I’ve learned from what I’m struggling with. ..

Last edited:
Hey happy!

its a full time job to recover! But you can do it.
this may be too wacky, but take it for what its worth! 😂
ever heard of a ”lap band”?. It restricts the amount of food you can eat. People still need nutrients to sustain theirselves. nutrient dense diets could give you ideas. There are high nutrient instant soups, foods you can try. but they can be expensive. try looking at the nutrients in products like: Bariatric Advantage, MuscleMilk, Unjury, carnation instant breakfast, ensure, glucerna. Some taste bad. But its worth looking at.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00