What I Need

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Chargette, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Not being depressed does not hinge on anything getter better. I'm convinced of it. Lot's a things have gotten better for me and I'm still depressed.

What I need is to continue my program. The one that works for me and not deviate from it. People keep telling me "what I do wrong" and I go back to trying to live a "normal" life and I come crashing back down.

I take my meds, I follow my simple schedule, and I don't do too much. When I'm feeling better I can do something extra but I can't keep doing the extra stuff beyond a day. Argh!

There's so much I want to do, that I can't do because I can't do that much activity without crash and burn. I hate it.

I know this is a cycle and right now I'm in that part of the cycle that does not feel good and I'm angry.

What I need is to take care of myself and do what I know I can do and let the rest go.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2010
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope you go back to that program that help you chargette that can keep you stable chemicals in the brains will sometimes just make us depressed for no reason i hope yu can get back to that program okay so you can staywell

3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

That sounds a good plan.

Often, the best way to fight something like this is to learn to live within your means and not push things too much. That means that you're not giving in to your illness and are learning to control the illness and finding a way to function as best as possible alongside it all.

You know what is best for you, and what works for you, and that's the important part to focus on because you are the one that deals with stuff.

I hope you manage to get back on a level footing again.

4. Blue_Sky

Blue_Sky Well-Known Member

You really found the words to describe my situation...that crash and burn, I so understand that. There's so much I want to do too and I don't do much either, but it's all I can handle at the moment. I have to remind myself, there's no shame in that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.