What I should do?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Earn, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

Lately ive been toying with the idea of going into the army.

Ive been through some rough stuff in the past year and im having a hard time finding a meaningful job that actuly pays me money worth working for.

so my options that i have for me right now are

1.find some kind of a job that can pay me enough to go back to school.because i cant get any more student loans and what grants i might get wont pay for much.

(which if i had already i wouldnt be in this situation)

Give up all together
    (easier and would save me from soo much pain of being alone and depressed)

(hard work,good benefits,chance of death or serious injury in a war i dont believe in,good job during and after service)

4.Find a job that i went to school for.

(cant stand doing it and frankly not real good at,need $1500 to be able to be hired by anyone for a ticket i cant pay off,the 1 job i would like to do i need years of experience which i have none)

5.i dont know if anyone has any other kind of ideas.
    please tell me

all if this has got me real depressed and i dont know what to do with myself.I didnt really know where to put this but i only want members to read and reply to this.
  2. daniel2

daniel2 Banned Member

Hi Earn,

What was the job you trained for? (professional driver?) Does this job pay well? If it does it could be used as leverage to get you back in school (if that's what you want). Maybe things have to be taken in steps if you can't get the $1500. kinda like take a sucky job to pay off the $1500 - get the job you were trained for (even though you hate it) - use that income to get yourself back in school. If all goes well the job you hate can get you to a job you love.

3. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

The problem with what i trained for (auto tech) is that if i paid off my ticket i still wouldnt be able to find a job.Ive looked all around the places that are by me after i got out of school.and I have no experience and no certification.I need experience to get my certs.But no one will hire anyone with out ether.And I can not stand to work on cars,other than nice older cars and sports cars.so getting a job with what i went to school for is basically not possible.
  4. Lady Byron

Lady Byron Well-Known Member

I've been really thinking about the military too. I just don't know what I'm doing after I graduate. My parents don't want me to go into the military and like you, I don't really want to fight in a war I don't believe in. But, they will pay for college and I could get the training I need. It's a tough tough choice.
  5. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

Yea it is scarey.but i get good training,respect,money for college.so i dont know.If i do decide to join it wont be untill january.I want to have the holidays with family and i have to see metallica in december.

Does any one have any sugestions on what i should do with my life?
  6. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

I'm at a similar situation as yourself, deciding what i want to do with my life. There are no maps or the best course of action that this is scary for me because i am the one that has to choose and i have to be responsible to where it may lead. I wish i had some answers for you and me both. sorry i was not much help. best wishes.
  7. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

I think my only option is to just give up.Ive fucked up just about everything ive tried to do with my life so far.and giving life another try wont be any different ill just fuck up again.I know i couldnt handle military.I cant handle finding a job.i couldnt even handle taking my own life.Theres nothing for me here.and no reason to be alive.just wish someone could take my life cause i cant even do that myself.
  8. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

The army and such branches can be very demanding, how old are you? I am sure there is more time then you think.
  9. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

20.but im tired of life and im tired of screwing everything up.Im sure that the military would be too hard for me anyways,I would just end up getting kicked out for failing if i got in at all.If i wasnt so afraid of screwing up trying to kill myself i would.if i wasnt so scared of trying it again i would in a heartbeat.
  10. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I Rather die from hunger than going to army and start killing innocent people...
  11. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

Wow thanks for that incredibly helpful reply.No one goes into the service to kill innocent people.You must have forgot about those 3,000 innocent people that died on 9/11.

But whatever this isnt the place to argue about politics or war.
  12. Alexpt2

Alexpt2 Well-Known Member

I joined the military after hs cause I had nothing better to do with my life. It was the worst experience of my life. It was pure hell from day 1. I didnt even last through my whole term. got kicked out after 2 yrs(well, i should say, i purposely got myself kicked out cause i couldnt hack it). Came out of it no better than when i went in. Only thing i got out of it was a drinking problem lol.
    If i were you i'd explore all other options first and only consider it as a last resort.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.