What I would not miss if dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
In that case, I should start charging, perhaps by the day.
We could start taking up a collection but I'm not sure how well it would work. We could combine it with you setting out a 'tip jar' at work though and I bet you'll be raking it in before you know it.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
We could start taking up a collection but I'm not sure how well it would work. We could combine it with you setting out a 'tip jar' at work though and I bet you'll be raking it in before you know it.
Who's to say I already do have a tip jar at work? Although it's more like the shop safe than a simple jar.

Winslow

My Toughest Problem Has Been Solved.
SF Supporter
You wouldn't miss eating? I'd totally miss eating.
I'd also miss babies laughing, puppies, the smell of rain, walking on the beach, sunshine, watching kittens play, vanilla, coffee with the perfect amount of cream, ice water after coming in from the heat, seeing the leaves turn in Autumn, starting a new book (and the smell of a new book!), getting a card in the mail, rainbows, dark chocolate, new socks, finding a 4 leaf clover, bubble wrap, making up shapes in the clouds, watching snow fall outside, brand new bed sheets out of the package, long car rides, winning a game, loud music, petting my cats, sleeping in, ice cream, sunrise - and sunsets!, making people laugh, being here at SF, putting on PJs from the dryer. Eating pizza straight from the box while watching Big Bang Theory. Yes, this one is very specific but feel free to fill that in with whatever you like) Point is, there are lots of things you WOULD miss if you were dead.
Yes, Walker, I agree 100%! Because while there are some Unpleasant things, there are also Rewarding things as well. In fact, the way I look at it, you could say that the Painful things is the price we pay for the blessings. That's how the Universe works--it's give and take. In fact, it's possible to be happy even in the midst of suffering.

Waves

Yes, Walker, I agree 100%! Because while there are some Unpleasant things, there are also Rewarding things as well. In fact, the way I look at it, you could say that the Painful things is the price we pay for the blessings. That's how the Universe works--it's give and take. In fact, it's possible to be happy even in the midst of suffering.
Well stated

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
You wouldn't miss eating? I'd totally miss eating.
I'd also miss babies laughing, puppies, the smell of rain, walking on the beach, sunshine, watching kittens play, vanilla, coffee with the perfect amount of cream, ice water after coming in from the heat, seeing the leaves turn in Autumn, starting a new book (and the smell of a new book!), getting a card in the mail, rainbows, dark chocolate, new socks, finding a 4 leaf clover, bubble wrap, making up shapes in the clouds, watching snow fall outside, brand new bed sheets out of the package, long car rides, winning a game, loud music, petting my cats, sleeping in, ice cream, sunrise - and sunsets!, making people laugh, being here at SF, putting on PJs from the dryer. Eating pizza straight from the box while watching Big Bang Theory. Yes, this one is very specific but feel free to fill that in with whatever you like) Point is, there are lots of things you WOULD miss if you were dead.
WOULD you miss it though, you would be dead, you cant miss anything if you are dead....

Sorry, Im just being that guy....

I would miss being unnecessarily nit-picky and sarcastic, its like crack to me.

I would NOT miss the following:
- The lunacy of house prices in London being (on average) about 10-20 times your annual salary.
- The lunacy of drivers on the road hating learners for being rubbish drivers when they are usually better drivers than most (not kidding)
- The lunacy of the political system being simply SO corrupt and no one doing anything about it.
- The lunacy of how people treat each other so badly and expect to be treated so well
- The lunacy of how the good think they are bad and the bad think they are good
- The lunacy of how everyone is lonely but so quick to reject friendship
- The lunacy of... well simply the lunacy of mankind.

But lets end on a plus.
- I would miss Star Trek, Family, Church, Auri, Good Food, Friends, Bad food, Alcohol, hobbies, good surprises, chances to be smug, lists, maths, cute things, booping people on the nose, my car, computer games, good fiction, bad fiction, VERY bad fiction, learning something new, achieving when you didnt think you would, failing when everyone thought you would succeed except you and you get that delicious "I told you so" moment, laughing, making people laugh, making people groan, making a difference, making lists (yes that deserves a separate entry to just enjoying a list already fully formed), being nerdy, and just generally having fun in weird, unconventional or unexpected ways....

oh, and lists.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
The urgency to pee and debating leaving your warm spot in bed in middle of the night after spending time getting your body in right pressure point to drift off to sleep. I definitely will not miss having to pee at the most inconvenient times!

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
WOULD you miss it though, you would be dead, you cant miss anything if you are dead....

Sorry, Im just being that guy....

I would miss being unnecessarily nit-picky and sarcastic, its like crack to me.
You're going a good job!
Totally kidding. Just wanted to poke you 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00