What If I Really Am Useless?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by reboundstudent, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reboundstudent

reboundstudent New Member

I've been unpopular all my life. And I don't just mean "the popular kids picked on me"... I mean people I called friends picked on me. Even my very best friends could barely stand me.

I thought as I grew up I'd grow out of it. But at 25, it seems like nothing has changed. I'm still horrible at social interactions. I seem to have enough social knowledge to understand I'm unpopular, but not enough to fix it. I seem to annoy or piss off everyone I meet.

Even people who kind of like me say I'm argumentative, kind of a drama queen and annoying. I'm physically unattractive and I'm not good at anything. I am special in absolutely no ways.... I think the only people who would notice if I died are my parents. No one else seems to even notice or care that I exist, unless they're complaining about my existence.

I even tried posting on my Facebook about how down I felt, and telling a friend.... Absolutely no one commented on my status, and my friend told me I was being stupid and over-dramatic, and chided me for "never listening to him."

So why is suicide so bad? Why be talked out of it? What if you really are useless, a complete waste? Why do people always say," Well every life is important!" Why? Why is a life where no one cares about you, where you're ugly and awkward, with no talents or anything special about you... why is that life important?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry you feel useless and that you were picked on. It's true every life is important and precious, don't give up on yourself.
  3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I've never been on facebook, but my impression is that it's really not a good place to go to for support.

I think that at its best, its there to help people make superficial social connections. at its worst I think it is just a means for people to compete with each other and try to make each other jealous

have you tried getting therapy?
  4. DrkZ90

DrkZ90 Well-Known Member

I can say I fully understand you, because I see myself reflected in what you wrote, almost exactly word by word...
  5. xsomewhatdamagedx

xsomewhatdamagedx Well-Known Member

ok first of all those people were never your friends to begin with if they treated you like that no one has the right to treat you like that.i have had many people in my life who i though were friends but they all betrayed me and back stabbed me not one of them was there when i was at my lowest so in the real world i have no friends anymore all my friends are on the net it just makes it easier for me to get along with people but that also has a down side as i found out a few weeks ago.
  6. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

I used to be bullied by my friends too, especially my best friends. I've never been popular, and most people think I'm this awkward loser who barely talks and isn't really good at anything. I don't really know why we should be talked out of suicide. I've thought a lot about it myself lately, and I'd feel like a hypocrite if I told you not to, so all I can really say is I know how you feel.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.