What if life doesn't get better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People always say "life will get better", but what if it doesn't? I don't think it's worth the pain and depression, to wait and suffer on a chance that life might be enjoyable one day. Emotional agony and suffering is an undescribable feeling. How many weeks, months, years are we made to suffer before we can enjoy life? How many times can a person be knocked down before they stay down for the count?

What if life never gets better? What if every single day is a stuggle to stay alive, until we are old and grey? The idea of that is a living nightmare to me.

I am terrified that life will be only suffering.

Old_Man_Kensey

good point..well you ll just have to see and hang on amd see what happens..
My life experience says that almost everybody gets a chance to make his/her life better and stay relatively happy, so will you...Just stay focused, with your eyes open and don t screw it up when it comes.
Your question sounds too pessimistic and negative...Why not ask "how can life get better?"You might get a helpful answear there

R

Robin

Have you ever thought of CBT? It can help a great deal so I've heard as it can help challenge and divert unhealthy thoughts into positive ones. Often we are our own worst enemy, making bad decisions continually borne out of negative thinking. Sometimes though life just sucks and doesn't give us a break and if you fall into that category then I am truly sorry for what life has thrown at you but CBT still might be a good option, speaking to your GP and arranging professional counselling can help us realise those traits we all have that work against us and give us the strength to carry on the fight.

Agreed. Hope really is the only thing I have. I am just so scared that it is false hope, though. My worst fear is that I will suffer through this nightmare and no happiness will ever come. My life is so despicable right now, and it has been for a long time. I don't even know what happiness feels like. There is no possible way I can stand another 50+ years of this.

smackh2o

SF Supporter
When your feeling that down about life, happiness is not the opposite of sadness. It's the absence of sadness. To the lonliest people in the world, even a friendly nod can feel like being thrown a birthday party.
In other words, your learning not to take contentness for granted. Your happiness threshold should go down and you will get happy spells easier. Staying up there for very long when you've got depression is the real test.
Life is a barrel of joy.

Viper

It's funny that you say that because today I was just walking to class, and some girl who I was passing looked at me and just gave a nod out of respect. It felt so amazing. I'm so pathetic.

Ruby

''What if life doesn't get better?''. You should try asking yourself ''What if it DOES get better?''. It's hard I know :sad:

I always have the thought that if life becomes more unbearable than it is now, I can commit suicide. It's like whilst your alive, suicide can always be an option. If you're dead, well.. you won't have any options. Life will never be an option. You won't be able to go back in time and live again. The thought that gets me through the days is, ''If things get bad, I can always kill myself''. It sounds so negative I know, but it's like a comfort to me.

noplacetogo

it doesn't. don't waste your time.
agony, im so sorry for posting that, just being a real jerk. and now im a real ass for quoting myself. im ashamed.
i honestly don't know if life will get better but like h2o said, all we have is hope. there is wisdom there. please take care.

ace

Everyone here is in so much pain and it's not our own faults,I guess all we can do is lean on each other for comfort and support.guys if you think you don't have any friends you have one in me even though you don't know me well.

I can understand where you are coming from. I experience severe mental detachment and severe depression. It sucks. I very rarely ever experience happiness. Laugh. Or feel content. It sucks. And I have no reason to be so depressed. But I am. I've been experiencing this off and on for 6 years. I feel so done. So lost. So wanting to throw in the towel. If I didn't still have hope, I'd be dead. If I didn't have my parents. I'd be dead. But sometimes I wonder. Is all this suffering that I and only I have to go through worth staying alive just to avoid hurting others?

birdy

my motto is:always look at the bright side of life
well i guess that all our lives don't have a lot on bright side
however sometimes i get to ignore that fact
i always draw happiness out of strange things. for instance the other day in class i started thinking about suicide (i was bored, and that topic has occupied me for at least 3 years by now), and i got really amused about it.
perhaps im simply a freak, but thinking about death, pain, or experiencing pain often makes me laugh. i know it's not funny, cause one day ill kill myself, however i cant help it

they way i look at it, death is a void. i dont want to feel nothing for ever. im going to live my life out and embrace the pain because it means im truly alive.

I'm still waiting. I just go through each day because I have responsibilities. I don't have much hope anymore. The end doesn't look so good either. Actually, I would like to talk to people on this site more, but I don't have the energy or I feel that no one wants to hear my complaining.

T

thecleric

When your feeling that down about life, happiness is not the opposite of sadness. It's the absence of sadness. To the lonliest people in the world, even a friendly nod can feel like being thrown a birthday party.
Remarkably well said. The Kinks, in one of their less-distinguished songs, gave a similar observation:

I didnt think she'd even look at me
Or bother to glance my way
But she actually smiled at me and said
Hi-ya handsome, have a good day

Chorus:
I must be dreaming if she looks at me
I gotta be dreaming, is it a fantasy
Now Ive got positive emotions
Buzzing round every molecule in me
I gotta be dreaming, is it reality

ace

I'm still waiting. I just go through each day because I have responsibilities. I don't have much hope anymore. The end doesn't look so good either. Actually, I would like to talk to people on this site more, but I don't have the energy or I feel that no one wants to hear my complaining.
T&A you aren't complaining what you're feeling is understandable pain and any of us who suffer from this or ever have know exactly where you're coming from.If you feel talking on here helps please continue to do so I know it's hard and each second let alone minute is a battle but understanding is always here.
hessbz12 about you having no reason to feel depressed I know it's not your fault otherwise you would flick the switch and stop feeling this way if it was so easy.Don't blame yourself for feeling such a way on the exterior people see it like that even with me you look ok and have evrything and it's like why do you feel that way?
If we could stop the pain like that I'm sure we would no one loves to feel like this no one at all,and if anyone who hasn't been where we're goes through this they would surely say exactly the same thing.All we can do is try our best to help each other and do what we can.
It's not easy and finding comfort in those who understand really can be the best thing as there is alot of ignorance from others etc,sorry for the rant but I'm pretty tired also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00