What if the future just doesn't seem worth the effort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meeko1004

I have no desire for the future.
I don't really have anything to look forward to in the future. And I don't say that in any bitter way. I just simply have no interest for it. I'm sleepy and tired, and don't see how that will ever change...
What if I just don't think my life/my future is worth fighting for?
I'm just too lazy, too disinterested, too tired that the thought of having to endure an entire lifetime stretching out before me really is annoying...
What then?

hey, if there's no real problem in you're life apart from a feeling of not feeling of usefull or not knowing how you fit into things, then carry on!! the future for you may hold some good things :)

LipsOfDeceit

You won't know what your future holds. It may seem bleak now but you can change that. You have control over your life so don't give up. Hopefully everything will get better for you. :hug:

gakky1

I have no desire for the future.
I don't really have anything to look forward to in the future. And I don't say that in any bitter way. I just simply have no interest for it. I'm sleepy and tired, and don't see how that will ever change...
What if I just don't think my life/my future is worth fighting for?
I'm just too lazy, too disinterested, too tired that the thought of having to endure an entire lifetime stretching out before me really is annoying...
What then?
I can relate so well with you meeko, summed up most of my problems and they're the same as yours. Been thinking so often as of late 'why get better, there's nothing I want to do anymore or get or live for'.:ohmy: That's what we need to do, find a reason to try to get better and have a purpose to keep living and have that living be in a positive way. No answers, but you're not alone with your thoughts, don't know what has driven you to this stage but if you need to talk or let it out PM me anytime,:hugtackles: I'm also looking for some good thoughts in this thread.

peacelovingguy

Sounds like depression to me - after all, you don't know what this future will bring. As stated above even the most melencholy get a break now and again.

As for luck, in my view we've had too much luck for it to be just lucky that we are here. I mean we're the exact position from the sun to maintain life - the Moon is positioned exactly were we need it. Billions of different organisms all combine to create the ideal conditions for all of those organisms to co-exist.

If you went into a betting office and placed ten bets on and they all came in - you'd be stunned. Us beng alive - the odds of this happening are so far fetched that I cannot see it being an accident. Of course, maybe it is - an accident in which billions upon billions of various factors had to be 'just so' for us to actually be 'alive'.

Nothing comes from nothing. I guess you should hang around and investigate things for yourself. If life does not seem interesting, ask different questions. Search for that which inspires you - try things instead of just assumming your current lack of interest will just never be there.

Something out there will put the wind in your sails. Could be some passion already inside that needs to be honed, sometimes educations does it and maybe a women.

Good luck and don't get too cynical about the future.

Good things happen all the time.

Daphna

Ninja of light
One thing is for sure and it is that you cannot predict the future. But you can control your actions and if you choose to use your time doing nothing, nothing will happen. But if you choose to do something, something will happen. It seems as though what you are doing is not working for you, so why not try something new? You say that you are too lazy, and too disinterested. Is life really that meaningless to you? Because you could be enjoying life, and you could be experiencing all kinds of interesting things found in life, but if you choose not to, then who are you complaining about? Instead of fighting life, experience it. Instead of giving up, get up and do something about it.Think about what you would like to do, and work it out in your mind how you would go about making them a reality. Life is too short to give up before actually tasting what it has to offer. Blessings..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00