What if the world ended tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late last night my boyfriend and I were watching previews to a movie when one came on about the world ending in 2012. We started to talk and discuss the "What Ifs" ...like What if the Mayans are right and the world will only last 2 more years? Of course this is probably very silly and no reason to plan on it being fact---but WHAT IF!

Now many may think it is a depressing concept.... but it actually cheered me up a bit. We've been going through extreme financial problems right now and are worried about our future but the concept that it could all be for naught in two years as the structure of society drastically changes into survival mode... credit cards won't matter much anymore. It made me focus on the truly valuable things in life... my happiness, my health and my love for others. If I lose my house--So what. If I end up living off wellfare--who cares? As long as I have people who love me and I love others I should be A-OKay. There's always a Plan B.

So we sat down and talked about our situation and where to go from here.

Plan A: I get a better job.
Plan B: I file for a forbearance on the mortgage, negotiate the other debt into holding and go back to college.
Plan C: I file for bankruptcy, lose the house and move in with family.
Plan D: (More like C+) I move to Colorado and temporarily change careers to help my family run the family hotel in exchange for room and board.
Plan E: My boyfriend and I drop off the face of the planet and go live in a shack we build in the mountains.
Plan F: Become a career criminal stealing from the rich and giving to the poor.
Plan G: Become a crazy person and get locked away where they feed me strange mush and make me live with other crazy people.

I hope I never get to Plan G. People who think tiny people live in their fuzzy pinky finger scare me.

Yes that's a reference to Fonzy Bear.

Yes I'm a very silly person when I'm in a good mood.

friendless

I decided that this summer, I would open a fortunetelling booth at the local flea market and customers would get a free churro with each $5 reading. Or a free reading with a $5 churro. Haven't decided.

I know what you mean about a possible end being both depressing and exciting. Impending doom brings an urgency to life like nothing else can. A friend of mine died in a car accident recently and it made me reevaluate life. I hate to say it because it sounds so selfish but her death inspired me to take a trip to Africa. I've never been and have always wanted to go and the realization that life is so short forced me to think about it seriously.

I'm also a very silly person when I'm happy.

aoeu

Personally, I would finish off that tub of frozen yoghurt and spend a lot of time with my cat.

I've got nothing else in my life.

friendless

...I would finish off that tub of frozen yoghurt...
Too bad it's not sorbet, then you could have gotten a bottle of cheap, dry champagne and made champagne sorbet floats for New Years. They are damned good and you could get drunk on sorbet.

Side note, I googled champagne recipes and one of the first things that popped up was "champagne and bacon" and almost threw up in my mouth.

orangejulius

If the world was going to end tomorrow... That's a good one. I'm in a silly mood as well, but I'll try to answer this one truthfully...

From guaranteed that I would do everything in my power to accomplish, to "only if I have enough time."

1.) Fly to LA to tell the girl I love that I am madly in love with her, and that she's the most perfect, amazing, spectacular person I've ever met. Only reason I don't do it now... well, we are supposed to be, "just friends." But I'm working on it. ;)

2.) Tell every member of my family that I love them very much, and I don't hold any grudges for anything they may have done to me in the past. This one isn't currently being done to its fullest because time is easing the wounds a bit more appropriately.

3.) Fly to South Africa to see Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria and The Kruger. Just the sights in general. Currently making sure I can afford this before doing it.

4.) Get my hands on an MG42 and burn through as much ammo as I can muster. I've always been a bit of a gun nut/collector, and that hot little WW2 number has been a rarity I've wanted to try since I first saw one in a movie. This one is silly and expensive... not really realistic as they are usually over $50,000. No way would I ever think of spending that much on a dakka dakka. I'd spend it on #1, 2 and 3.

That's it for everything that comes to mind at the moment. Fun topic! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00