What if they notice?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by nothing.1, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nothing.1

nothing.1 Member

So I'm going to Cuba in 3 days and I have cuts on my knees and there's this one that's purple and it won't fade away. I wore a bandaid over them so when I went outside no one could see them but I got a bad tan line from them and I don't want to wear a bandaid at the beach because ill get a even worse tan line but if I take it off then what if my family notices it? :/ I don't want to tell them that I cut if they do ask and I can't lie and say stuff like " my cat scratched me" because I don't have one. Any suggestions on what to do would really help :)
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Tell them the truth hun so they can help you ok if you cannot tell them then just say you fell on your knees and scratch them on cement
  3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

This is a good time to let your family in on your secret and to solicit their support to get some assistance to reduce and eliminate the cutting need. The only way to get better is to begin taking steps forward, and admitting to them that there is a problem could be the rest step in that road toward wellness.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.