What if we're cut off?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Øyvind, Nov 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Øyvind

Øyvind Senior Member

What if our solar system (which is most definitely devoid of intelligent life other than on Earth, though there may be some sort of life on Europa and Titan, and it sounds like there has been life on Mars) is a backwater solar system?
    What if other intelligent species live close to eachother, their planets close to another and they have a galactic government or union, a way of travelling between eachother's planets which takes little time... What if they are in another galaxy, or maybe galaxies, and they are connected with eachother and travel freely between their planets/galaxies of residence?
    What if that's where all the action is? What if they all live fulfilling lives there?
    What if we're so far away from them that we are doomed to live isolated and without purpose, away from the "real people", a cosmic mistake?
  2. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Then I hope they stay the heck away from here. The last thing we need is another factor to deal with that will alter our developing "consensus". I'd hate to see unity because of another species, or want. We really shouldn't be going out into space without learning and living in a way that respects the life and environments on this planet.

And anyhow, all the other animals here are prime examples of Aliens to us imo. We use, manipulate, kill and harvest anything that suits our needs. So with that, fuck injecting humanity to other species and societies. Atleast right now. It'd be irresponsible on so many levels. imo
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.