What if you don't have a support system?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by bluefish, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluefish

bluefish Well-Known Member

I saw a psychiatrist today and he asked me who my support system was. I was stunned to realize that I don't have ANYONE I can talk to. I don't have a single friend or family member that I can lean on when times get really tough. I mean, sure, I have friends that I can call to hang out with, or chew the fat, but when it comes to actually talking about my thoughts or fears or just to vent - I am completely alone.

I don't want to be a burden to my family and friends. I don't want them to worry. And honestly, some people just don't want to listen to problems when they have enough of their own - at least, that's been my experience.

Any of you in the same boat? I mean, sure I find SO MUCH COMFORT talking to people here on the site, but besides this place - where do you go when you are in a crisis?

2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I don't have a support system at all.

If there is a crisis as of late I just keep to myself and that's that.

3. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I come here in a crisis but yeah you need people you can talk too lots of people in case some are not available here is a good start.

4. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I once tried to do this all on my own. Thought of myself as a burden and didn't want to worry my family.

But eventually i realised i just couldn't keep trying on my own. If i was going to get through it i needed help.

If you have a good relationship with your parents, i ask you to rethink talking to them. I know it's a extremely difficult thing to do. It took me about 5 years to do it. But i am glad i did. And it's not like i tell them everything. They just know of my struggles.

5. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I give all my thoughts and cares to Yahweh. He knows me more than I know myself, and he is always there to help me in situations. I can talk to him about anything. So he is my support. That is why I believe he is called a ROCK. When people are weak they can lean on him always and will not have to worry aboout falling. Just sharing. Blessings..

6. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

7. Teryan

Teryan Active Member

I don't have a support system myself, but (not too sound crazy) everytime i'm sad, i always try hard to imagine this cute girl hugging me, call me weird, its not as effective as a real support system but it helps a bit.. even if it was just an imagination.

8. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

A real friend, someone who truly cares about you, truly loves you always listens to you and you're never a burden to them. So if your family loves you, and your friends love you... I mean you do the math.

Genuine love is unconditional.

9. agirl

agirl Member

I have no one.
    I have no friends to talk to.

10. Sapphire

I'm on my own 99.9% of the time. There's a distance between people and it's often not easy to cross. Not much trust, you see?

Sometimes I do speak to certain people about problems but... I often end up differing in opinion in terms of what the solutions should be anyway. So now I rarely talk to anyone anymore.

I depend on me. And I have to say that I've turned out to be very dependable. I mean somehow, I'm always there when I need me... :unsure: lol :)

11. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

You ask a very good question. To be honest I Only really come here. I do not know what I did before I had this forum.

12. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

I don't have anybody at all.

I suppose I have my doc, but lately he seems irritated with me. And, he tells me I have 0 support in my life.

I've started coming here to at least feel like I'm not alone in the world.

13. Sapphire

:hug:

14. Marty482

Marty482 Well-Known Member

WE are your support group!!!! Also I have had great help from 12 step groups!!!! Everyone here who said they have no one to talk to or have no friends,you can have a friend in ME. Write me or pm or email. I WILL be a person you can all when you feel down. The one who posted and all who posted in reply you are in my prayers and I AM here for YOU.

Marty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.