What if you were immortal???

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Esmeralda, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I have a theory.

Take suicide off the damn table.

People here are so fucking obsessed with death! You think about it, you fantasize about it, you LIVE for cutting or hurting or crying. You indulge yourselves in pain and hurt and death.

Take it off the motherfucking table!

Don't you think that if you decided, once and for motherfucking all, NOT to even CONSIDER suicide (and I know it's not that easy, don't get me wrong...but let's say you SWORE to yourself and any God or anyone/thing sacred to you NOT to harm yourself), to pull yourself up by the bootstraps and start a new life, to do the things you've always wanted to do but never had the courage, to FIGHT for yourself, knowing that you could never EVER die no matter what...what would you do? How would you live? What would you change?

Do it people!

You have nothing to lose!

Ask that girl out who you never thought you could actually be with. Shave your head. Get a tattoo.

Be courageous!

Live each day as if you could not possibly die.

Be fearless.

2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Ooooh, erm

I would tell people exactly what I thought of them.
    I would do all the things I am scared to do like bungee jumping,

3. Esmeralda

Then do it!!! :)

4. masashin

masashin Guest

If i were IMMORTAL, i would plan my entire life how to destroy humankind or balance it in nature like Ra Al Ghul...think about it, no more suffering for ones and happiness for others, NOTHING!!. Muahahaha.

5. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

Live each day as if you could not possibly die. (anastasia)
    i would plan my entire life how to destroy humankind (masashin)

careful what you ask for or suggest.... some might just take you out literaly...who would then be to blame? :sad:

6. Harrowdown

Harrowdown Well-Known Member

thats like a torture in itself

on & on & on....no end in sight?
    anyone you know and feel for to die while you never age?

you'd go stark raving mad:blink:

7. Wow good thread for once hahahahah j/k <3
    No matter what the people said above this is a wonderful thread,
    I do everything I want to do anyways, I think you should change it to be rich and immortal. Maybe like a good income like Bill Gates would suffice, then I won't have to work, and not have to worry about bills, or anything, then maybe play video games forever, this mean no sleep to right? You don't have to sleep when your immortal right? I mean I would try all drugs, they don't have consequences for your body right? I would experience all drugs, and I will be rich and live forever, so my addiction pays for itself. Then again I would be high for ever and ever? Because I could get addicted, I would go to rehab maybe not because everyone I knew will be dead, unless I make new friends. Then again people go to rehab to stop a addiction that harms the body! If your immortal what happens if you chop your head off? does it grow back? I think you should have made the rules better but good thread, basically this leads to a life without consequences. Does this mean I can breathe under water? omg so many questions, this is horrible, make the rules better!!!

8. masashin

masashin Guest

LOL, no seriously when i was little i thought villains who would destroy the world were LAME....but when i got older(now) i UNDERSTAND them perfectly:biggrin:

True, look at the original Highlander Connor Mcleod , once he believed life was a blessing but when he lost everyone he ever loved he wanted out.:s

9. Will

Will Staff Alumni

I don't live 'For' Cutting, I live 'Because' cutting allows me to make it through it. I and I'm sure others don't do cutting as a hobby. I don't think I could live in an immortal world. If I did, I think I'd like isolation for most of it, and parts of it social

10. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

I don't want immortality, I only ask for a simple life where I'm loved, and love others.

I fear neither life nor death, I accept that which I cannot change, and am thankful for all I've been given.

11. graycloud

graycloud Member

Isn't that why this is called the "suicide forum" cause most of us want to die?

There is nothing I want to do that I haven't already done....except the many things I can't afford to do. Guess I'd have to rob a bank and take my chances.

12. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

I see your theory, I like its intent, but, as a lot of things, it is WAY easier said than done.

I don't live for cutting or hurting or crying. It helps me tolerate this crap.

And I could live all I want, do all I want, but I'd still suffer 'cause I am who I am.

Humans, by nature, wanna avoid suffering.

The two just don't match. Living in torture for years and years on end?

Besides, there are limitations... the obligations that keep me from killing myself right now are the same obligations that would keep me from doing some of the things I only dream of doing.

Hell if I wouldn't be rocking back and forth in a padded cell for eternity if I were forced to walk these terrains for so long.

13. Just because someone is not immortal, doesn't mean that immortality would give a person more reason to do things that mortality would seem to prevent. For example, just because I'm mortal, doesn't mean that I'm not doing things that I would do if I were immortal. The only way anything would change if I were immortal, is if I were very wealthy and would remain wealthy forever. Otherwise, being immortal in this world, is a nightmare.

14. Esmeralda

Yes, but my point is that being immortal would take suicide off the table altogether. You wouldn't make suicide plans or sit around thinking about how to do it because there would be no point. So would you live your life differently? If you were forced to confront the idea of not being able to end it, how would this change your thinking and your actions on a daily basis?

15. I think it would make things so much worse. It certaintly wouldn't help at all if my life were like this forever.

16. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

I see what you're saying, but I'd just feel more trapped than I do. I don't just sit around now contemplating suicide. Rather, my mind often drifts to find a means of escape.

If immortality were the case, I might try a little harder to make a way for myself, since I would really have little-to-no other options.

But trying harder only gets you so far. Chances are I'd end up more discouraged.

I'd still need to know that there's a way of "getting out" of the overwhelming heaviness. I don't think I'd ever be sober.

17. Hazibell

Hazibell Well-Known Member

Im not actually suicidal anymore, but in general i would love to be immortal, because im scared of death, of nothing being after it and of the people i love dying...thats still the depressed bit about me i guess, i think about that way too much.

18. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

Jeez, Anya, for a smart girl, you sure aren't evincing any familiarity with the classics of western literature.

Specifically, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2007
  19. Esmeralda

Haha. Very interesting :)

20. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

I'd work w/ other musicians. That would take alot of time. :yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.