what if you're not good for anything

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by vincentblank, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vincentblank

vincentblank New Member

I honestly think I'm a good for nothing. I'm not smart, athletic, musically talented, or attractive on the inside or out. I just feel like I'm wasting time in my life and I'll never find something that I love or that I'm good at. And I've tried. This has really developed on me to the point where I pretty much hate myself now. I used to be a Christian as well, but I ended up dropping my faith because I never found any comfort in it. I just don't know. It seems like if there was a god, he hasn't blessed me with any kind of talent I can use to make my way. i have yet to do anything productive with my life and I doubt I ever will.

Lately I have been thinking about death. it doesn't scare me the way it used to. in fact, it doesn't really scare me at all anymore.. i'm not truly suicidal yet but honestly at this point I don't care if I die.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2009
  2. samandres3

samandres3 New Member

Hey man, I know how you feel. When I feel like that, I just think about the sheer ammount of females in the world (or males if you're into that) and how I will find love one day. I know that what you were saying didn't really have anything to do with love, but that's at least one thing you can have.

Also, if I were in your position or if I felt the way you did, I would try to better my personality. You can still be an amazing person. Not everyone is perfect. You can LEARN to do something well, like an instrument, or learn to draw. That's pretty cliché, but I'd do it in your position.

3. vincentblank

vincentblank New Member

well thanks. i've never been in a relationship though. it would be nice to be in one, though. i already play an instrument fyi. i practice a lot but i'm not good enough to do much with it (like doing it as a profession). I'm considering putting down the instrument thing as a hobby because it only discourages me when I do horribly at it despite my hard work

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry you are feeling this way.I agree with Samandres's post! Everyone has something that they're good at,you just have to find it. Have you sought any professional help for your depression,it might help :hug:

5. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

I feel the same way about myself that you do. Try to watch some T. V. or if that doesn't work listen to some nice music you can relate to. That usually helps me through the night. You are not alone. I'm listing to the song "Possession" by Sarah McLaughlin. The lyrics of the song is actually from a poem of a man that was obsessed with her, and would send her flowers, poems, everything. He eventually committed suicide :( The piano version of the song is the best in my opinion. Here are the lyrics, hope you feel better

Listen as the wind blows
    From across the great divide
    Voices trapped in yearning
    Memories trapped in time
    The night is my companion
    And solitude my guide
    Would I spend forever here
    And not be satisfied?

And I would be the one
    To hold you down
    Kiss you so hard
    I'll take your breath away
    And after I
    Wipe away the tears
    Just close your eyes dear

Through this world I've stumbled
    So many times betrayed
    Trying to find an honest word to find
    The truth enslaved
    Oh you speak to me in riddles and
    You speak to me in rhymes
    My body aches to breathe your breath
    Your words keep me alive

And I would be the one
    To hold you down
    Kiss you so hard
    And after I
    Wipe away the tears

Into this night I wander
    It's morning that I dread
    Another day of knowing of
    The path I fear to tread
    Oh into the sea of waking dreams
    I follow without pride
    Nothing stands between us here
    And I won't be denied

And I would be the one
    To hold you down
    Kiss you so hard
    And after I
    Wipe away the tears

I'll hold you down
    Kiss you so hard
    And after I
    Wipe away the tears
    Just close your eyes

6. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

:hug: Welcome to the forums. Sorry you're feeling so low, but i've always believed we all have a talent, we just haven't discovered it if we don't know what it is yet. Try loadsa different things, and keep at it with the instruments, if nothing else it gives you something to do. You'll find your calling soon!

7. christian_1990

christian_1990 Well-Known Member

you should work on your self steem and all that crap

8. vincentblank

vincentblank New Member

super...

9. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

You're only useless so long as you don't do something.

10. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I found out I'm good for nothing and you know what? It's an underrated gift. People leave me alone and I leave them alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.