What IF....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Forget2Trust, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forget2Trust

Forget2Trust Active Member

What if we didn't realize we're all being USED in this "suicide forum"- those who are "suicidal" yet really have no plans to commit suicide? Think about all the "professionals" out there that are using this forum for their own selfish benefits. Writing a book, writing a thesis, writing an article- observing, evaluating, gathering information all for one reason. Why? Because they're trying to understand Borderline Personality Disorder. My posts? Hmmm...possibly paranoid personality disorder. I really don't trust so called "professionals" . Trying to get inside my head . I'll never have respect for them until they outsmart me. They're just using us. I know it.

2. CD110

CD110 Well-Known Member

Actually, I keep wondering why the suicide forum doesn't get more traffic than it does.

3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Interesting post. In agreement why try to advantage who are at crisis point and use this forum for self-exploitation. This forum is about helping each other in our hour of need and giving support to each other. Respect for your honesty in starting this thread.

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Forget2Trust, :hug: I'm sorry you're feeling anxious that someone could be "using" this site in the way you described. Administrators and all staff do their best to prevent that.

The site tates that the information about and given by members is not to be "used." Admins have had a number of requests over the years from people who want to invite members to participate in polls, surveys, research...and the people who ask are always told, "No. We are not here for research/professional concerns, we are a peer-to-peer support site."

There might be people who read and try to "diagnose" or gather information from posts and draw conclusions. A doctor (e.g., family doc, psychiatrist) cannot diagnose a person without seeing that person. A therapist or counsellor would want a solid, validated relationship in order to provide "therapy" and that's not what SF is for. So, if you think about it, just reading our posts here would not give them enough for "valid research." And remember that posts on the internet (about anything) could be false information if you cannot verify the source and the quality of the information. A true research study would not accept random posts as "verifiable" enough.

If you have reasons to think that a member you know is doing this, by all means let us know in a Letter to Management (LTM), and we will certainly look into things. :)

5. Forget2Trust

I hope this isn't an attempt to get inside my brain and outsmart me, but ok.

6. rosi

rosi Member

I dont care at all what other people do with my post if this forum make me feel a little better.

7. Forget2Trust

Lol. I do . I care big time if I'm being tested, researched, or used like a worthless obkect. Hopefully, that's not the case here.

8. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

wow could definitely overthink on this one...

9. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I am in total agreement in what Acy has said.

10. girlgonebad

girlgonebad Member

i have to say how this forum is helping me so much the thought of being used ect wouldnt bare thinking about

11. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Ditto.
    Also, I think it'd be fine if what I wrote was being used as a way to possibly help others.

But I respect where you're coming from forget2trust. I understand what you're saying.

12. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I agree with Rosi - if it makes them feel better too I am fine with it

:grouphug:

13. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I agree with Rosi - if it makes them feel better too I am fine with it

:grouphug:

I quoted myself - now how did that happen? :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
  14. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I agree with Rosi & if it makes others feel better too I am all for it as Acy says we are a peer to peer support group. I actually believe peer support is much more beneficial in a personal way than proffessional support though of course professionals have their place in the healing process.

Claire & I have told each other far more about our pasts than we have told our therapists and that is because we totally love & trust each other. The stuff I have mentioned here pre aged 14 only Claire and no one else (unless you count SF which I don't) knows about. I would never discuss with anyone real world about Claire's abuse & I know she would not mine either.

So now we are together I am spending far more money than I would on myself but I see that as a price worth paying for Claire's happiness. If it makes Claire happy buying shoes (& all the other crap women buy lol) then as long as I am solvent she is able to but as I have said elsewhere on this site, whilst I am by no means a 'Richard Branson' I am quite well off which allows me to lavish material love as well as my hearts love on Claire the love of my life. Every time I look at her my heart aches as I am doing now as she sleeps - mwah all over her purdy little face lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
  15. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

The guidelines cover this exact topic. Use of this forum for studies is prohibited and if we become aware someone is doing they are ban. Since it is addressed, if you have reason to to believe that to be the case (or anybody else does) then please let us know the who and why you believe that to be the case in an LTM or PM to any administrator and we will look into it and if founded then ban the member. With procedures clearly in place, further speculation serves no purpose so I am closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.