What in the hell am I supposed to do? Die?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by rpiccola89, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpiccola89

rpiccola89 Member

Okay, I know I've hit a "bottom". I'd imagine that someone who constantly thinks of not just hurting but murdering himself or others has hit some sort of bottom. I'm ready to give up and turn myself into a hospital, because I'm just getting closer all the time to killing myself. Just becoming so fed up with my life and the way, everytime I come up with a solution the sheer hopelessness of it all ends up bringing me back down to zero once again.
    As is the case with every situation in my life, this one is also helpless too because my family cannot afford for me to stay at the hospital. We're far from poor, but we're farther from rich, and a stay in a hospital (which is what I need now) would kill them financially. So am I supposed to just indefinitely watch my mental state deteriorate or do I be insensitive and go to the hospital and add to my family's financial woes?
    Dying is the only solution.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2008
  2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Good Morning,
    It sounds like you have alot of anger built up also. Have you tried calling the hospital and asking if there is any kind of facility that handles physc problems for those with no insurance.
    Also you can ask is there a place that you can go to see about getting in house treatment for your depression. We have a place here called ACT who take in people who are in crisis and can't afford the hospital. I still see a shrink and get my meds through them, all I pay is a share of cost to receive them.
    The reason I ask if they have some kind of facility who helps the people who are in crisis. They can better get a handle on the right combination of meds that will help you. I hope you understand what I have just said.
    I wish you luck and hope to see you around the forum!!:chopper:
  3. rpiccola89

rpiccola89 Member

Thanks for the response. I appreciate the feedback aspect of it; unfortunately I don't think there's anything like that in my area. Plus I don't think I could do anything in-house as the whole constant homicidal/suicidal ideation makes me believe I should be isolated from the rest of society. Everyday just feels like a crisis reaching farther and farther for a climax. In any case, yeah thanks and I'll see ya around.:rolleyes:
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

If you can avoid isolation and do an inhouse trearment you will find that most of the people who fight depression have somethings in common, thats why this forum is a good idea.
    I am trying to steer you clear of isolating yourself. It's not something I would recommend. I have been isolating for 14 years. just the past year I have made a little progress of getting out of my room. I go to therapy, the grocery store and any doctor appointments I may have. The rest of the time I stay locked up because I feel safe there. Not only from people but from my self also. it is a viscous cycle to break. the longer you isolate the harder it is for you to communicate with others. That is because you stagnate, you have no input so you don't have anything to share with others.:chopper:
  5. x

x Active Member

This is indeed an unfortunate situation. In my country, the UK, and in most other developed nations health care is provided by the state free of charge for all.

Sadly Reagan and other Republicans dismissed proposals for a state funded national health service in the US as “communism.”

My recommendation is that you take advantage of what free services are available. Try calling a mental health charity and explaining to them your feelings and the type of support you require. Even in the US there are charitable organisations they will be able to provide you with facilities that are on a par with a mental health hospital free of charge.

I hope this helps you, Ryan
  6. rpiccola89

rpiccola89 Member

Thanks, alot! I will check to see if there is something like that in the States.:smile:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.