What is Beautiful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Used to be beautiful, well my face and body anyways.
Long auburn hair, green eyes and slim as a whippet.

Many years on, and a kid and 5 miscarriages, the slim went out the window, the auburn turned silver and the green eyes have lines round them.
But, I am a happier, more rounded soul than I was wayback when and don't rely on batting my eyelashes to get me what I want.
As lovely as being beautiful is, it doesnt last and won't keep someone by your side either, if you aren't at least pretty on the inside.
ME...I've always been a sucker for a kind heart and good sense of humour, so I dated a lot of frogs cos frogs rock!

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
I don't base it on looks....I've always thought that a person with a great personality really has beauty. But if we're talking about physical beauty, that's subjective because I think there are a lot of things that make someone beautiful. Someone may have nice eyes, another may have a pretty smile but I think everyone has something that makes them beautiful.

Prinnctopher's Belt

Antiquities Friend
SF Supporter
Something an individual sees as pleasant, usually produces a feeling of goodness and bliss when looked at, physically it typically involves favoring symmetry of facial features and angles and how the body is proportioned. When someone says you're beautiful nine times out of ten they don't mean your personality, occasionally they do IF they know it.

For me looks have never come into it, its more about who they are as a person and who i am as a person around them. if someone makes you smile and you feel good inside, then to me they are beautiful xx

VALIS

someone pointed out to me that models are essentially "clothes hangers" that are meant to not distract the eye with person-specific lines and curves. they are meant to sell clothes. i think a minority of people find runway models (in person) to be more attractive than a healthy person who provides good companionship

gloomy

Account Closed
I tend to be mostly attracted to people who look but especially act and think like I do, which is kinda messed up but I guess makes sense because I think that instant familiarity is actually one of the most attractive things ever.

And to be honest, I think that bigger girls are kinda hot. I have to admit I would never date someone who was full-on obese, but voluptuous is sooooooo sexy. I prefer that to the super-skinny or more athletic frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00