• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

What is better

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is better - Succeding in a suicide attempt. Or failing and being a vegetable or really badly disabled.
e.g jumping from a great height and surving but completely paralysed.

I think this is the biggest fear for a lot of people planning suicide.

Sorry if this has been asked before or is in the wrong section.

peacelovingguy

I think the best choice you've not included - and that would be living!

I know people who jumped - a poor girl in my old flats leapt to her death only to end up pretty much unable to do anything - paralysed for months until one op too many took its toll.

With jumping the adrenalin would so so much that you'd have great clarity of vision - I actually think most of not all will be thinking its a bad idea - you got time to think.

But what is it that leads you to even think this?

Not sure how old you are mate - but taking your own life is avast decision - making that choice on your own - with depression clouding your judgement is not a good idea.

Thing is with depression many will think they are right!

But - got to say - been there many a time - and its always wrong.

Admitting you want to die - is a good thing - then others can say "Ah yes - I know the feeling" - and then talk about it.

Thing is to open up - don't think you got to carry this on your own.

Good luck!

Regards.

Thanks for your reply. There are many reasons why i dont want to go on living.
But none of them are really good enough reasons really. I ask this because i had a failed attempt
Last year.(Crashed my car on the way to jump point). I thought i was better but im not. I cant even tell my councellor about these thoughts because im too ashamed. The anonymity the internet affords allows me to post here.
Im in my late 20s by the way.

I think failed attempts are some sort of intervention by a high power. That's how I rationalize anyway.
If you fail, it is because whoever this higher power is thinks you can get well. I don't know who it is, but it's pretty powerful because my various attempts have all failed, and some seemed so foolproof! Brand new gun jammed, friend I hadn't seen in months just showed up out of the blue, my stomach turned and I threw up in spite of the phenergan... which is only meant to prevent vomiting. All three times I should have died, and all three times something stepped in and saved me.
Now I have no plan, I haven't for quite some time, I want to go, but I know something will always keep me here, so I just try to fight the feelings as best I can, and take it day by day.

I lost my faith in a higher power some time ago. I only failed because i drove my car like an idiot. Maybe it was an sub concious thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$600.00
Goal
$255.00