What is death?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by touglytobeloved, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

What do you think about death? Im not talking about suicide, Im talking about death generally. Suicide is just another way of dying.
    So, death? What is it? Good or bad? End or begining?
    We will all die at the end, one way or another.
    Some thoughts about this?
  2. sophie5121

sophie5121 Well-Known Member

I wonder about this so much, do we just die, be somebody else, or go somewere else.
    i once watched a film about were people went once they commited suicide, it was just a worse version of there life, and no matter how many times they killed themselves, they just ended up somewere worse.

We do about death and suicide at school in r.e, and somebody said "its where all body functions cease" others said they belived there was an afterlife and some heaven.
    Its such a weird thing, i want to be dead so much but i dont even know what happens after death :S i really do hope once your dead thats it your dead and gone.
  3. rich_uk

rich_uk Member

my guess would be that once you're gone you're gone and thats it, I don't believe in god or heaven or any of that crap.
  4. Undone

Undone Active Member

I never understood why religious traditions choose to punish those who commit suicide by making their afterlife even worse. I think people who have never been depressed, or never had suicidal feelings assume that people just do it. Like serious anguish and painful contemplating don't go into the decision, like people just do it out of boredom. If any of these religions were truly compassionate, the individual who took their own life (barring they weren't horrible people) would be welcomed into a better life for the suffering they had to endure.

Personally I think death is the end, no seconds chances, no afterlife. I'm not worried about going to hell because a) I don't believe in it & b) according to all these religions I'm going there for other reasons, I guess suicide would just make the trip faster.
  5. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

when you move in a line but you're not even moving

when you stop asking questions

when you feel his lips and hands all over you and you're not even touching yourself
  6. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Wow... that is so true.

7. amei

amei Well-Known Member

I know there's something after death... but not exactly what...
  8. 2cents

2cents Well-Known Member

for me death is nothingness,
    what do you remember the day before you are born? nothing, thats what i apply to death as well - nothingness..
    life is the mere light tube where all these exists, outside the tube is 'blank'
    some people will then put across their argument, why then we exist? i'm not sure
  9. Manny.Prime

Manny.Prime Member

Death is an end. Nothing comes after death. If you look for death as a way to start something new... bad move.
  10. touglytobeloved

An emptiness full of everything and full of nothing. A dark place full of light. A place where there is no time and space. A place without emotion, but full of feelings. A freedom. Its a beginning, but also its an end. A place that dont excist, but its infinite. A place that is a product of our imagination, but its real. A place where you can feel everything but see nothing. A place where every wish may come true, but you have no wishes anymore. A room behind the locked door. A place where we all go, but no one has really been there.
  11. Lady of Shalott

Lady of Shalott Active Member

Death is a transition.
  12. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Death is natural, but frightening all the same. Death will not come when I'm ready to die, but when I'm ready to really live.
  13. Undone

Undone Active Member

So it's one giant paradox?
  14. touglytobeloved

Probably, a paradox that can never be solved and understand, but a paradox that is a part of our reality.
  15. touglytobeloved

Could we think about death like a final destination? Every life ends with death.
  16. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

Elizabeth Kubler-Ross wrote a very good book "On Death and Dying". She answers many questions from her neutral point of view.

I've believed all my life in life after death, good and bad. I don't believe the method by which you die - suicide or natural causes - affects whether you go to a good afterlife or a bad one. It's all about the way we live our lives and the choices we make. I don't believe our after death home is given to us by God either as reward or as punishment. We determine that ourselves in this life.

What a huge can of worns that could be opened on this subject. It's been debated for many centuries, and will be debated long after I'm dead.

This is a small part of my point of view.

17. Mordred

Mordred Member

There is no death. As long as you're alive - there is no death. And when it comes, you are not there to meet it. You already somewhere else.
  18. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

very true. it will not come when we want to die but will come when we want to live.
  19. Mordred

Mordred Member

The only way to enjoy your life, is to be ready to die. People, most of them, are afraid to die, and their thoughts are poisoned by this fear. Look around - deeds of people allways somehow connected to their fears. The fear pushes people to work harder, to make money, to have things, as if it makes any difference. Readiness to die sets you free.
  20. Undone

Undone Active Member

This could quite possibly be the answer. Usually I find things when I'm not looking for them... my current relationship, my current job... but these are positive.

I just seems to make sense that the minute I start enjoying life, and no longer long for death it will be taken away from me.

That's messed up, thanks baby jesus.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.