what is everyone soo obsessed!??

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by pleasedonthateme, May 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pleasedonthateme

pleasedonthateme Active Member

I dont understand whats so good about it to people...
    its so pathetic and weird... sorry
    does anyone else feel this way or is it just me?
    sorry

*btw i was talking about *** if anyone didn't get it.
    sorry if i sound annoying.
    thank you.
    X^X
    btw i mean why* fail sorry

2. arturvma

arturvma Active Member

Are you talking about *** or ****?

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
  3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

I think that pleasedont means WHY is everyone so obsessed with sex? It's in most movies, sit-coms and social media and within ourselves we have to fight it not to feel incomplete without a mate.

One answer is that as humans, in our infancy we imprint images about life into our psyche and identity and follow the patterns we grow up with. We all have come from a relationship, (whether that was permanent or not), and deep within us is a big facet of our anthropology which is not to shut ourselves off from life but to participate in it, and ideally be able to mature with someone special. Sex is an 'out-working' of this, a strong drive that nature bestows us with for the propagation of our species. But not just that, of course. There is far more to it. The excitement it has the potential for - makes us feel whole, complete, special, motivated, energised, etc. Originally it was only intended as something totally positive, to be used in its proper context and within boundaries that are there to safeguard our experience of it. Unfortunately, as with most things, abuse is possible when sex is worshipped as a god in itself and people start to live for it, disregarding the boundaries and safeguards. End result = pain - and yet, to medicate the pain we try again........

It's no wonder to me that society is obsessed with it - it promises so much happiness and fulfilment, and yet.........

4. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

I hope things will go well for you, pleasedonthateme.

I think it's easy to blow the whole forum etiquette thing, and important to study and know people before posting replies.

I can see lots of stuff on Internet chat and forums that seems written before thought out. This is a crisis-type forum so it may be a little different. It's not a lonely hearts club, for one thing. Nor a philosopher's stone.

The thread starter knows computers and took time to insert an avatar and signature section that suggests a cutting history. Although things online are never certain. About a third of this member's posts are all on May 11, such as this one. Another post this day elsewhere has a sentence, "i don't disgust you.. i'm sorry," which may actually mean "I am not disgusted by you." This suggests writing in a hurry, because the person likely knows English grammar well. Although possibly as 2nd language having adopted rather than composed the signature. Among other possibilities.

And lots of althoughs and ifs. It's difficult to know what's up with other people on this forum.

Some people are in pain here--and what we say can make it worse for them.

5. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

I didn't mean to suggest that the person I quoted broke forum etiquette. The forum would have done something if rules were involved. My apologies.

The real reason I wrote it was just because I think the original poster could be in a serious situation. pleasedonthateme is new, like I am, and usually starts a new thread when visiting this forum. Also, I still feel there are certain words that are emotionally charged on a suicide forum. Just using them can involve risks.

@ pleasedonthateme: I sent a private message to your account, to apologize about the side discussion here. :wave:
    ..,. :butterfly9:

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  6. arturvma

arturvma Active Member

I think in these situations, caution is never too much. And I appreciate your suggestion.
    I asked the admins to edit my previous post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.