What is good in this world?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Ziggy, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

What is good? What is beautiful? Can it be found in relationships? I'm not sure. I think Beethoven's 9th symphony is beautiful, and I think people are ugly (That's why Beethoven himself was unloved) I know nobody agrees with me, but hey, that's life.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
  2. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Beauty is just a word, it is not a thing it is an idea of a thing. You choose what is good, but beware society has it's own standards of good and bad but most likely for the betterment of basic survival.
  3. girlfrom

girlfrom Antiquities Friend

Beethoven's 9th is beautiful.
  4. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I agree as well. it is beautiful. I guess its just little things in this world that are beautiful. things that you sometimes don't expect to be beautiful and sometimes you have to search for the good in this world. But it is there.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Strange post this one. Wonder why I wrote it?

I guess instead of thinking 'I wish I had a partner, or children or friends' I thought 'sod that I'm just going to appreciate the world around me', so I made an effort to visit places, castles, cathedrals, country parks, the theatre, concerts. And I thought 'this is all I need, this is what makes life good'... but then I started to wish that somebody was there to appreciate those moments with me. The problem is once you think that, the moment disappears the world around you that meant so much suddenly seems to mean so little.

So I guess relationships are a good thing and when I said "I think people are ugly" I didn't mean it. It just makes it easier to shut them out of the world I live in.
  6. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

I think everyone has an ugly side. That ugly side ends up hurting other people, and those people in turn start to get fed up with humanity, and begin to show their ugly side. Its a cycle, and all along the line people start to turn inwards. Everyone ends up focusing on themselves because they cant deal with, or accept the faults in other people.

Thats the reason why so many of us feel alone, even though the number of people about the place never stops increasing. We've made ourselves alone, because we cant deal with other people anymore.