What is helping for your depression?Hi.

GMody

Hi. I have bipolar disorder which involves phases of mania and phases of deep depression. I have been taking meds since last 4 years. My doctor told I have to take it lifelong. For this I am also doing Yoga and deep breathing. And therapy. The meds are helping.
What is helping for your depression?
Please reply.

Dinolaur

Human by day, Dino by night
Staff Alumni
Hi. I have bipolar disorder which involves phases of mania and phases of deep depression. I have been taking meds since last 4 years. My doctor told I have to take it lifelong. For this I am also doing Yoga and deep breathing. And therapy. The meds are helping.
Please reply.
Hello :)
That’s great that you’re on meds for your bipolar and taking it in your stride. It must be difficult to do that. I’m in awe of you. I don’t take any medication for my depression as I find that it makes me worse. I get very irritated and very quickly. But I do partially put that down to my fibromyalgia. I’ve recently learnt that I also gave anxiety, but I think I’ve known for a while and just not believed it really.
Thankyou for sharing your routine and what helps you. It may just help another :)

GMody

Hello :)
That’s great that you’re on meds for your bipolar and taking it in your stride. It must be difficult to do that. I’m in awe of you. I don’t take any medication for my depression as I find that it makes me worse. I get very irritated and very quickly. But I do partially put that down to my fibromyalgia. I’ve recently learnt that I also gave anxiety, but I think I’ve known for a while and just not believed it really.
Thankyou for sharing your routine and what helps you. It may just help another :)
Welcome.

Affirm

Public Access
I have depression and suicidal thoughts, unmedicated. Though I still struggle with living like this at times; recovery has been largely consistent. Most everything started after my focus changed to self-improvement. Things like good sleep, exercise/health, productivity, routine, etc. After a routine was developed; things became easier, or much more seemless, for myself. Though it is cliche, I try to live day-to-day, while still trying to have good self-esteem to avoid self-doubt. Such as, self-reassurance. Thus, avoiding triggers.

Thank you for sparking this discussion. Good on you for trying your best and doing this difficult thing!

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
Haiii. I’m glad your meds are helping. 😊

If you’re manageable, sometimes its best to just sit in with negative thoughts like let your feelings run, cause we can’t have remedy to everything or answers to every problem. It doesn’t have to have reasonings for such. It is really okay to feel depress, okay to feel anxious or have mixed feelings. For me, when comes to asking for help, verbalising emotions can be so hard so I like to use relatable quotes/images to express self most of the time and also art therapy which you can try too. ^^~

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
I am Bipolar NOS. I don't fit into 1 or 2. I take lithium as a mood stabilizer, Latuda as an anti-psychotic, and lamotrogine as an anti-depressant. The problem with bipolar taking anti-depressant is that it sends them into manic episodes. I am fairly stable now, the lamotrogine gives me more energy, but my psychotic thoughts are more frequent. I have psychotic thoughts concerning eschatology. I am staying on the lamotrogine, I think the benefit outweighs the cost.

alixer

Anger turned outward is workout fuel.
SF Supporter
Please reply.
Rediscovering old hobbies. Hobbies aren’t just a way to pass the time. They are a source of joy. You find something simple that makes you happy while you’re doing it, you’ll not only survive the day, you’ll survive depression.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00