What is important?

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Null, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Null

Null Well-Known Member

I finally talked to my therapist about being molested. It's not something I've very comfortable talking about and I found it extremely difficult to even bring up. I don't know if I'll bring it up again, but it seems to be one of those things I will have to eventually deal with.

Where do I go from here? Should I continue to try and talk about it even though it makes me feel uncomfortable?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I don't think there's a yes or no answer to be honest. If it's making you extremely uncomfortable maybe give it some more time and see how you feel then but if it's tolerable then maybe make things a little easier by writing them down. I hope you can do this for your own sake but if not don't beat yourself up about it.
  3. na-taya

na-taya Well-Known Member

first off i want to say how brave you are for bringing up the topic in the first place that is a huge step! so well done you!!!!!

It can be a hard thing to talk about and make you feel all sorts of unpleasant emotions but if you are in a safe environment the person should be able to help and support you with what ever emotions come up with.........

its totally up to you if you want to bring it up again nobody should ever force you to talk about it ever! it should all be your choice.

i wish you the best on your journey to recovery and healing..... take care
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.