What is it about me?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Pepe, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Pepe

Pepe Member

I have been trying to figure out for a long time why I dont get along with people. I don't have a single person in my life that i feel is interested in me because of who I am. I think many people when they meet me think i am at least pleasant, I dont anybody can think me as being unpleasant since i am so insecure that i dont have the balls to behave that way. Now that we have got that out of the way, here comes my question :

Why do people around me treat me the way they do? They dont seem to think my jokes are funny or they speak when i was trying to say something. They have no respect for me. Kind of reminds me of how my family always treated me, but anyways there was my two cents.

2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Why would people think you're unpleasant? If you can't think of any reason then likelihood is, you're not. It's just plain disrespectful for people to talk over you when you're talking, this isn't your problem, this is their problem. There are billions of people on this Earth and it's just unfortunate that those you've come across haven't treated you like you should be treated. If you want a friend and someone who'll listen feel free to PM me.

3. Pepe

Pepe Member

Thanks for the kind words. I have no doubt that my family has always treated me with disrespect. Both my parents are alcoholics and my father has been mentally abusive through out my life. But this does not explain why i feel that the outside world treats me the same way. I have met numerous nice people who still seem to treat me with disrespect and i don't think its their problem. I sometimes wonder do normal people have this thing that when they sense insecurity in me they automatically treat me like trash? Because i have a mental disorder, i without a doubt think differently than normal people so i have a very hard time understand my problem.