What is life? Ever asked yourself that?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by fallingangie, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fallingangie

fallingangie Well-Known Member

Life..what would u call life?Is it like the roaring waves that call u in the middle of the night? Only to discover in the morning that it was all a dream. Or is it the tear drop that fell from your eyes? And yet the same drop of water that gave you a glimpse of your own reflection. A glimpse of who you are..what you needed all along to stand back up again. What is life anyway? Sorrow with a drop of hope? Or reverie with a pinch of melancholy?

I fall into sheer confusion, everytime I try to look back and give a word to my life. I don't know what to call it, neither can you. As long as we breathe, we live, and we live, till we breathe. This is life, I guess its just the way it is, the way it was meant to be.

2. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

I ask my self this all the time. Not quite come up with an answer that im satisfied with yet.

3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Life is good.

Rarely have I ever felt this way.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I base life on success.. If I am successful in having a new vehicle, Nice paycheck, Loving wife, and kids... All things I use to have.. Now I feel like a rat because I stay locked up in my bedroom..I live on the scraps of food I can put together..Life Sucks!!

5. satsukisan

satsukisan Member

Life is what you make of it. I have M.E rarely have the energy to do anything and work 4 days a week. But I have beautifull people in my life and I love my Photography and the eternal search for Edward Cullen. Worth it to me :reub:

6. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

Life is a journey

To me, life is a journey and we are in it to gather first hand experiences that help us to spiritually grow in wisdom and understanding. I believe that each one of us is potentially a healer in their own right and that never has ‘First healer heal thyself!’ been a more vital issue than at present. It is the birthright of every human being to find healing of mind, body, spirit and soul, through reconnecting and becoming fully one with our Highest or God Self. The highest potential of our race is to gradually evolve into one of healers, saviours and redeemers of ourselves, each other and our whole world.

Furthermore, I believe that this particular lifetime is an extra special one for everybody because it represents a healing journey. We are all in this life together, to enable us individually and collectively to work on our own healing, as well as that of our world. Each is required to make their contribution towards bringing our new and peaceful world into being. To this end, we need to share any wisdom we glean from the experiences of our own healing journey with those around us, to encourage them and to show how they can do the same for themselves. God is life and life is God and, as always, life itself shall be our teacher; nothing else is good enough now.

Moslem tradition tells us: ‘The world is a bridge; pass over it but do not build your house on it.’

Source

With love and light,
    Aquarius

7. fallingangie

God is life, life is God...i liked the way you said it :) well said..true! I believe in that, having faith in God is quite important anyway..it helped me to be strong.

8. Borrowed time*

What if you dont believe in God? What is life then? I respect people who can believe in God, i used to believe. I was brought up as Roman Catholic. Some where along the way i lost my faith. I think as a species we put too much meaning into our existence. Are we really any better than a cow which gives us milk, plants or a dog which gives us companionship. What do we give to this earth? Nothing. We take, we destroy. Some people do try to change things and help but they are a minority. We are a selfish species, the vermin of our time. If there really is a God i would ask him why He allows us to destroy what He has created.

9. Aquarius123

Finding true faith

The way I see it, true faith is what we are meant to find, when all the belief systems of our world have failed us and let us down, and when not a shred of faith in anything seems to be left in us. Faith is not a running with any herd, but something individual between us and our Creator that exists in every heart. To have faith means we believe in ourselves, the purpose of our own life and all life. It is a learning to trust our own ability to think our own positive and creative thoughts, which we are willing to follow up by positive actions.

When, with the help of God, we have become the master of our emotions, instead of allowing them mastery over us, we will also have learnt to trust our own reactions in all situations. As we are gathering first-hand knowledge of how God guides us, from within through the world of our innermost feelings, there slowly grows within us faith in ourselves and our ability to handle all situations. Gradually, we know that with the help of the living God within us, our inner guidance, we can achieve the mastery we all have to find, if we wish to evolve and grow sufficiently for our existence to finally rise above the physical plane.

Faith is the eternal well that springs forth from God. It nurtures our soul and spirit, who is one with God – always has been and always will be. Faith is capable of lifting us and our life above mediocrity, onto less mundane and more exciting levels of existence that have always been known to our soul and spirit. To have faith means to ever more trust our own abilities and to know that we can draw on endless amounts of inner strength, because it comes from God. It is that which is going to help us master any condition we may encounter with love, kindness and wisdom. And if that is not what life truly is all about, then please tell me what is.

Source

With love and light,
    Aquarius

10. Borrowed time*

Re: Finding true faith

You obviously love God and are comfortable with your chosen faith. Sometimes i wish i hadnt lost my faith, it must be comforting to no why you are on earth.
    Regards

11. Mystic

Mystic Well-Known Member

It seems this God person has a lot to answer for.

12. Borrowed time*

Free will, people are the problem not any God.

13. fallingangie

having faith in yourself is the key to a peaceful life i guess. I mean i lost faith in God too, i stopped saying my prayers and never bothered about anything. But i started to realise that things are not getting any better for me, thts when i started saying my prayers all over again! N soon i noticed that I have started to trust myself more than anything else. This is what is helping me from going down, though my life is not at any good condition right now, i must say. I can understand you....but for once try to regain the faith in God you once had..it might help...that would be my humble advice

14. Borrowed time*

I have tried several times, even looked at different religions.
    Maybe some day i will regain my faith. I can honestly say im looking for something, my life is so empty at the moment that something needs to fill the void.

15. Aquarius123

Yes, dear Sunny, this is true. But, this is almost certainly because it's not based on one of the religions of our world, hence a faith anyone has instilled in me. It's the kind of faith that in the course of many years has grown organically from within me.

You are right also that it is good to know why we are in this life. Yet, if you haven't found this out as yet, why not make it your business to go in search of discovering and developing your very own truth and philosophy of life? That's a pathway I can highly recommend to anyone.

The darkness of our world
    Is not knowing and understanding;
    Light can only come
    When we make it our business to find out.
    Socrates ca. 470-399 BC

Source

With love - Aquarius​

16. Borrowed time*

Nice quote
    I will some day try to find the meaning of my life, right now though i feel like a mistake which was created due to my fathers dislike of contraception.

17. Twinkle ☆ Twinkle

Twinkle ☆ Twinkle Well-Known Member

I think life is a very complicated thing that can't really be understood. Life is diffrent for each and every one of us, and we all choose what do to with it. So life I suppose is what you want it to be, however you don't always get what you want.

So, perhaps life is just what you make of it with what you have.

18. plates

plates Well-Known Member

the sun :smile: and being able to breathe

19. Aquarius123

Dear Sunny - thank you! I don't believe that there is such a thing as chance and accidents. In my view, you were meant to come onto the Earth plane exactly at the right moment and in the right circumstances, because that environment is the only one that could - maybe still can - provide you with the lessons you have come to learn during your present sojourn. It's for you to investigate what these lessons are.

If the environment is an unpleasant one, then the Universe - with the help of the people around you - may wish to show you by their examples the way you DON'T want to be. If the present is still too painful, don't dispair and take comfort from knowing that it may take until much later in life that one comes to appreciate what valuable teachers the Universe provided us with.

With love - Aquarius ​

20. yous

yous Well-Known Member

I have no idea what life is. And sometimes I think what is the point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.