What is life to you?

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Littlewiji, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Littlewiji

Littlewiji Well-Known Member

Eliezer, I hope you don't mind me posting this. But, I thought, maybe others could get something from it too.

Here's my opinion on life, quoted best as I remember from talking to Eliezer, then adapted slightly.

People say life is a path. I don't buy that. Life is the Sahara desert. It stretches out in all directions, and there is no clear path. It's constantly shaping, and reforming, entire dunes that looked as solid as anything moving kilometers in a day. Sometimes, you'll find yourself in a ditch. You won't be able to see anything around you, just the sand, and the dunes, and you'll be at rock bottom. You won't know where you were going, or how you were going to get there. But one day, you'll find yourself a bit higher up. Perhaps not by much. But enough to see that there is more around you. Enough to even see a glint of water off a far away oasis.

Remember that oasis. Keep walking towards it. What else is there to do, really? And one day, you'll find yourself there. It may take a year. It may take twenty. But you'll get there.

It'll just take time.
  2. SelfMadePrison

SelfMadePrison Banned Member

hopefully the oasis is not a mirage every time you get to it!
  3. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Life is a mystery that hopefully unravels as we journey through the years.
  4. Zola

Zola Antiquities Friend

Something to endure before you die.

5. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

6. 12years

12years Well-Known Member

Life is a big joke. Sometimes I laugh along, sometimes I'm too pissed and/or humiliated to laugh along.
  7. AliBlack

AliBlack Member

..incredibly lonely and painful.
  8. siberianhusky6315

siberianhusky6315 Well-Known Member

Filled with anxieties.
  9. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

life has yet to begin for me. it aint gonna start while im still stuck in circles where i am. to me, it'll start once i can get out of my current circle. life seems wonderful, i just have to get there first.
  10. cofmadness

cofmadness Well-Known Member

11. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

Lifes a light bulb it has it ups(ON) and downs(OFF),but in the end it always burns out
  12. hi my name is

hi my name is Well-Known Member

words can not describe life. but life to me is the ever expanding conscious awareness of reality
  13. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

I've adopted a view of life that runs on two tracks.

In the first case I do not see any value either to my life as a thing over time or to me as a person at any particular moment in that time.

In the second case I admit an obligation to several people in my life and try to do my best by them. (And how have I done? Rather poorly for the past two and a half years, fair to middling prior to that.)

Thus were I to wake up some morning and find myself that hypothetical last man on earth I could end my life without a moment's hesitation. But as that is rather unlikely to ever happen, in my day to day existence I tend to veer first one way than the other.