what is living

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolonger

don't really think there is a point to living. we end up doing a bunch of things then drop dead. maybe you'll be happy every once in a while if you're lucky, but other than that, meh :mellow:.

if i had to choose anything it would be to fall in love, but thats impossible to aim for :|

bhawk

i'm with aoeu, learning is to me one of the most important things in life, that and experience, go out and experience everything you can, from all different cultures.
We have a glorious world outside and so much fun to be had

Anime-Zodiac

The meaning of living will vary with each individual.

For me personally, the point of living or life is about finding a path to follow/go down. I choose the path of happiness, kindness, etc. I also choose to learn and develop. There are other things that I have not listed that for me are the point of living.

AlienBeing

I want to make a difference before I die. I want to cure a disease. Seriously. I think I could do it if I can only keep going with my studies. I'm a genius. An effing mentally ill genius, but a genius nonetheless. It's my only redeeming quality and probably the only thing I have to offer this world, the only way my life could ever matter.

SAVE_ME

what does living mean to you? Is it to fall in love? to work for monetary gain? what is the point of living? is there a point to live?
That last part of your post reminded me of this, which I guess ties into your question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMUiwTubYu0

I don't think there's a definitive answer, to be honest. I basically think life's whatever we make it. It's up to us to find a point. I used to ask myself this same question all the time and gave myself headaches trying to figure it out but these days I'm just trying to live in the moment and go wherever the road takes me. I find it best not to argue anymore or resist or take life too seriously because whatever will happen, will happen. Life just is.

johnnysays

Living is running away from death until death catches up then it's over.

Live with purpose. A climber on a cliff face only needs to let go. But they always find something to hold onto because they have a purpose. When you lose your purpose, death is that much closer to overtaking you.

Don't worry too much about living a long life. Most people who're in an advanced state of aging live very isolated, immobile lives. They can be draining both on themselves and others. It's better to live with purpose, to live large and full, and die at a ripe old age but not so old that you're tied to a chair or bed all day. A man that dies at 40 but lives big lives longer than a man who lives 80 years but lived most of it in his house. Be a positive influence on others. Enrich their lives. Dream. Be explosive. Be dazzling. Make waves.

And listen to the dreams you have. They're there to teach us about potential realities. Learn from them. And if you want to know someone, the best way is to know what they think about things that're unfamiliar or not well understood. When we're confronted by something we do not understand well, we tend to fill it in with what's inside us. This is how we see others in this way.

Try not to fear death. The ultimate virtue is to lose all death anxieties. It's the most empowering thing you can do.

Above all, leave your mark. This way when you do die a little bit of you will still remain in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

spiritxfade

living is what you make of it.

for me, the point of living is to love and be loved, to learn, and to experience lots of things. i want to help people. i don't count living as being stuck on life support and not being able to do anything. being alive is much different from living.

but that's just me. there's no real point to life- it's all perspective. unless you want to count heading towards death as the "point" of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00