What is love?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Hurted, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

What is love to you?

To me, its pain, and blood...

But it could be totally opposite:(

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Love is pain, lies and general let me fuck u over shit :mad::dry:

3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Love is only real when it's unconditional I think. So if it goes away, it was never love to begin with.

4. Terry

it didnt go away on my side so do I get a medal :dry:

5. Terry

or just the fuck you and go die reward?

6. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Always said love is an illusion and everybody has the illusion. Once the illusion runs out... well we all know what happens.

7. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Love is deliberate naivety.

Love is pain waiting to happen.

Love is self betrayal.

8. darkplace

darkplace Well-Known Member

love is death wrapped in a pretty box that takes a while to open, and when all the pretty packaging is gone you realise the box was just an empty vessel for feelings that where never there. just a void of darkness in the end.

9. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

The startling feeling of purity and clarity I get when I look into my little boy's eyes. The sense that I would do anything and bear any burden for him.

Pity I'm such a weak reed, and a rotten timber. I shall fail him as I've failed everyone else. :sad: But it is for his sake, and his sake only, that I continue to fight.

10. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

And on top of everything else, the thread title put me in mind of this ghastly song... What is Love? - Haddaway

Jesus god, from what depths of my subconsious did that one come from? :rolleyes:

11. Tecky

Tecky Well-Known Member

hmm... I actually read an interesting chapter on 'love' in my psychology textbook.

I may write a more detailed reply later. For now, let me give you the short version.

Personally, I think what they call 'love' is actually 'lust'. I am sure we are all familar with the Disney or Hollywood version of 'love'; full of pathos and noble qualities such as kindness and honor.

Now the main and usually only ingredient in real 'love' is just hotness. When a girl says she wants a guy who's sensitive, kind and truthful etc, what she is really saying is she wants a good-looking guy who has those qualities. And usually if the guy is good-looking enough but doesn't have those qualities, the girl will just confer imaginary qualities on him. It works. Trust me. I have seen enough good-looking jerks get girls even if they lie, cheat and kick kittens on their days off. Actually I didn't make up the last bit. When I was in school, there was this dude who tortured cats he found around the neighbourhood. He had several girlfriends. 'Nuff said.

And when I was working kitchen gigs in England, I met this waitress. She and I worked in the same hotel before and one night she slept with one of my friends - good-looking guy. Don't get me wrong, we weren't even dating then but I had a crush on her. Not for her looks but because she's a fan of Charlotte Bronte and other women writers of the Victorian era. It really hurt me whenever I was with my friend and he spoke about the fat slut he fucked because he was bored. The girl was dumped and shunned because my friend already had a girlfriend so she (the waitress) was the 'other woman'.

Anyway, after confessing my feelings for her, I was rejected. That was after I found out she slept with my friend. Was I dumb? Yes, but where else could I find another girl who liked reading Charlotte Bronte novels! What really broke my heart was when I found out she was sleeping with another one of my friend -another good looker- and begged to be with him even after she was threatened with violence.

So apparently, I was so ugly that she rather be with guys who called her a 'fat slut' and threatened her.

We sort of kept in touch even after I left the hotel. One day, she went looking for a job in my town so I gave her space to crash. She repaid me by running away with one week's worth of wage so she can be with my friend - yes, the good-looking guy who called her a 'fat slut whom I fucked 'cause I was bored'.

So there. True 'love' stories.

12. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

hahahahaha:laugh:

What a.... romantic?:blink: song is that...:wink:

Edited: It is interesting to read all your thoughts...

13. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Love is anger, hate, loyalty, pain, expectation, joy, sadness, love is whatever you feel towards a certain thing or person.

It takes love to hate.
    It takes love to forgive.
    It takes love to kill.
    It takes love to heal.

14. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

Love is a mystery.

15. Milly

Milly Well-Known Member

Love is a many splintered thing

16. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Pain, pain, pain, pain, pain, pain, and more pain, oh and did I forget to mention pain?

17. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

i dunno man. but when I observe this world we live In I don't really see love the way I'd like to. All i see like said before, is lust and a natural primitive urge to breed(wether conscious or subconsciously aware). I don't want to be that I want to be some thing more, I don't want to be the same, repeat the same retarded process.

people fuck for what ever stupid reasons then babies are born. wether or not those people loved each other or treated each other like crap it matters not. Because nature has won once again and the cycle continues.

Love, I guess it could be a great liking of some thing. if love is the opposite of hate a great disliking of some thing.

id give every thing I owned to some one if they could prove to me there is some thing more spiritual or meaningful to "love"

18. Austere Night

Austere Night Well-Known Member

Love. The decision by the brain about whom would be the best to mate with. An engine of survival. A function of the brain.

19. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Finally, someone who has the right idea. Keep up the good fight.

20. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I don't even have to click on the link to know what song you are talking about. It's the first thing I thought of when I read the title of this thread. Will that damned song ever go away? My version of Hell is that song on a continuous loop on my IPOD. That and some fire and stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.