What is love?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by SeperatedOne, Oct 26, 2010.

1. SeperatedOne

SeperatedOne Active Member

I'm 15, yeah I know I'm young but what is love?

I mean I have never have any taster of what it actually is.

I've had a few boyfriends here and there, they all said they loved me but I could never actually bring myself to actually saying this back to them.

This makes me sad, not knowing how to use my heart properly.

Could any boy/man love someone who couldn't love them back?
  2. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Hello! My name is Nikki and I would love to answer you! To me it is best described as follows: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude,it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes,always perseveres. I wanted to thank you for this question. I needed to read these words. I hope they help you as they have helped me. Blessings...
  3. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Also you have yet to discover yourself and to learn to love yourself at fifteen I know I hadn't. You must first be able to love yourself before you can offer love to anyone else. Also lust is not love. Blessings..
  4. SeperatedOne

SeperatedOne Active Member

Thank you, your answer covers up the dark hole.
    But it's not fully covered.
  5. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Well in truth your life is your journey and you are going to learn many things on your own. I pray that you find the love and understanding that we all need and seek. I have and it is out there, blessings...
  6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

It takes a while. I wouldn't expect it in the vast majority of teenage romances. It took about a year both times for me. There were more intense emotions much earlier for one of them - I suspect this could easily be confused with real love. More intense, but also less straightforward and less healthy.

I don't think there's anything wrong with you. Take your time, feel what you feel.
  7. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

Love does take time, but when you're there, you just know. I can't explain how, but you'll know it when it hits you. I fell in love for the first time when I was seventeen/eighteen, but I was with the guy for about a year before I knew it was love.

Remember that some people find it easy to say 'I love you' without meaning it. I don't mean that they're lying or don't mean they care, it's just that what love means is different for different people. Some people say 'I love you' to mean 'I really care about you and want to be with you'. Other people can't say it until they know that they really genuinely love someone.

Clear as mud? I thought so, but unfortunately it's not a clearcut thing. For now though, I really wouldn't worry about it. In the world of teenage romance, boys will say it because they think you want to hear it, and they probably won't even notice that you don't say it to them. (Incidentally, the guy who does notice will probably turn out to be 'the one' anyway!)

8. dartofabaris

dartofabaris Well-Known Member

ditto, my first real relationship was quite intense but it ended abruptly: blaming each other, resulting in a less sincere rebound one (this was non-physical, needed the emotional support.)

as for what is love? im still working on it; in my experience its when you intensely care, trust and are resolutely understanding towards the person proxied to your affections: can it be that only one person can love without equitable reciprocation of the same? havent you heard of unrequited love? most romantic poetry is based on the latter...and now v got me thinking :)
  9. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

You know when it's there.