What is making you feel like self harming?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by NYJmpMaster, Apr 18, 2016.

1. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

The urge to self harm can be very powerful for many , and often it is all some peopel can think of when things get bad. Please use this thread to tell us -

What is making you feel like self harming now?

2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Right now it's because I feel bad about crying... because my abusive idiot of an ex contacted me... my entire body hurts and I feel like I need an outlet. I know it doesn't help... but yeah.

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

People don't accept me as I am, and that makes me feel inadequate. I will try to keep from hurting myself but it still hurts me inside.

4. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

My thinking that deserve to hurt. (I know that I don't)

5. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

That's how I'm feeling right now

And with the bad news I got earlier, obviously the world is telling me I don't deserve to be happy. (It's not really that major in the scheme of things, but it still makes me feel awful.)

6. prettylies

prettylies Member

I just feel like nothing I do can stop these feelings and I know that cutting would, at least for a little bit. that's what makes it so hard to resist.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi prettylies, you don't need to cut. Get some ice cubes and run them along your arm...that might help. There's loads of alternatives to self harming such as using an elastic band on your wrist, I hope you begin to feel better soon and know that you're not alone.

8. Inanimate

Inanimate Well-Known Member

My having not felt like self-harming.

9. ThePhantomLady

Being hungry but not feeling like eating... weird I know

10. baywasp

I can't think of what it is. I'm mostly happy and had a good day. But all of a sudden I started wanting to hurt myself. In a moment of weakness yesterday I bought something sharp to cut with. I should probably return them, but I want to use one. But I can't let myself. (I also can't seem to let myself just enjoy this day as it ends unfortunately.)

11. Petal

*hugs* I hope you don't give in. Bring them back but for now just stay safe tonight, distract yourself as much as possible, throw on a comedy or a drama and let these thoughts ride out. We care about you here :)

baywasp likes this.
  12. ThePhantomLady

The most stupid thing like my Internet not working.

13. baywasp

I really identify with that :/ Definitely felt that way for this reason before. I hope you can get through it without hurting yourself.

ThePhantomLady likes this.
  14. mjj

mjj Member

I'm angry at my mentally abusive ex. Its not feeling sorry for myself that makes me want to hurt myself its anger and the feeling that I could hurt him.he thinks I'm a joke he thinks I would never do it....so I want to hurt him and prove I wasn't crying wolf and seeking attention. I am mentally exhausted and i want him to learn that I'm serious

15. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Physical pain itself the headaches and knee pains

16. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Because I need to calm down, to feel something, to obtain release.

17. ThePhantomLady

All the sad thoughts in my head about all the things that never were and should have been... and all the things that shouldn't have happened

18. sunnypseudo

sunnypseudo Well-Known Member

The want for affection, and physical pain. Its starting to hurt to type.

19. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

My anxious thoughts

20. Petal

Hope you got through the night safely sweets x