What is 'normal'? Discuss. Short humourous video too!

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Petal, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Ever ask yourself, am I normal? Do people think I am a freak? If so go ahead and watch this video, some of you may be familiar with Chris Crocker for his eccentricities but he does make a good point in this video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0VRkCF2a80

2. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

I always ask myself if I am normal. I look at random people and think how perfectly normal they are... but what if the person I perceive to be normal is not... and they perceive me to be normal...

how can we really ever know who is normal and who is not

3. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

...Normal? Depends on your point of view. If you mean in the here and now, in a particular society or sect then that's fitting in. If you mean for ones self, it depends on the amount of influence that has been inflicted upon oneself and the distortions to accept a particular "way". Everything's adjustable, normal's just a new grounding that people revolve or pivot around, and sometimes eventually erode to find a new "normality". It's difficult for some people to just be themselves with so many contrasting opinions and expressions from other sources and people. Generally anything that's unknown to a group of people gets a rough time.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2013
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I don't know if anyone is really "normal"...everyone has their own quirks. Besides, I don't think I'd want to be completely normal...it would make things too boring...lol.

5. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Normal [nor*mul] (adj.) - the opposite of me. ex., "Nah, he has nothing in common with that LoneWolf guy. He's pretty normal."

6. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Catchy little word..lol. Normal.. We all got own little quirks and foibles..makes us me.. Only one of us and what we are ATM is going to change very soon!!!

7. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Normal...a typo in a novel about Norm & Al, two guys who get in a tricky situation.

Normal...typical or expected results

Normal....usu. a broad range of results or behaviors (and I believe, determined by statistical analysis of observations, study and commentary compiled and researched by scientists, social scientists, psychologists, and the like)

8. katrina77

katrina77 Guest

Normal is just a setting on your dryer........ :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.