What is paranoia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I am paranoid. Alot of the things I think, i'm think probably just stupid and I know i'm probably just being paranoid, but i still think about it - does that make me paranoid, because i am able to reject believing (but not fully) the idea of the thought, but i still think about it?

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Dunno if this helps, but when I get anxious I get very paranoid (got a dose of it right now actually) but I'm well aware that its paranoid thoughts. Doesn't seem to lessen them tho or make them any easier to deal with.
I just sit it out until they fade.

I second Dev's comments.
I'm so paranoid, I'm sitting here at work trying to be as quiet as a mouse so people don't know I'm here. I feel like I should be sneaking around as if I was a thief. I know it's just in my head, but it don't help any. It just adds a headache to the mix. I better stop typing now, my co-worker might hear.:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

no but i mean as if somebody looks at you or somebody smiles, you start to think they think something particular about you, but you know ur porbably just thinking paranoid. Does that still make you paranod, that your able to identify your problem, but your still insecure about it?

blackfire

Being paranoid is being on edge. I usually am paranoid when I am running on lack of sleep. Sometimes when I am in big groups of people I don't know I get paranoid.

P

ProzacDeathWish

Paranoia is irrational fear. It is a level of fear that is completely out of proportion to an actual situation. It is an over-reaction. Paranoia is something that I specialize in. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00