what is PHP like?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by alison, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alison

alison Well-Known Member

I'm starting a partial hospitalization program in a few days. Its a program for young women (18-30ish), and its based in DBT. I'll most likely be doing it for five days, and I'll be there 830am-330 pm each day.

I've never done anything like this before, does anyone have any ideas on what to expect? Will I be busy the whole time or should I bring a book or something? I really have no idea what its going to be like.. so any thoughts would be muchly appreciated =]

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I've done DBT, but it was arranged differently.

I would think mostly you will be busy, however, I always took or book or something so I could retreat into my when things got too hard in social times.

The course itself was pretty structured. They will be used to having new people start and also how to help you settle in.

I'm not sure how your hospital will be organised, but I can answer probably some of the question on DBT- if you have any.

I really, really hope it helps you though.

3. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I just got done with partial hospitalzation a couple of months ago and while I was skeptic at first, it really was the best thing I ever did for my mental health. My program was from 9 to 3 with an hour for lunch, we had diffrent "classes" during each day but towards the end of the program they began repeating themselves, sometimes they will pull you out of a class and you will have an indivdual session with a doctor who looks at your meds, is a specialty in your field you are having a problem with, or your case worker. There is other reasons they could move you out of class but it depends on the program and problems you might be having. I was kept pretty busy except during lunch time so a book might not be a bad idea, although I ended up talking with people during lunch so it was not necessary for me at least. The way my program worked was they had DBT classes that taught Cognitive Behavorial skills like chain analysis and mood monitoring which was the crux of the program and basic DBT classes. Luckuly they cater to your problems so your experince may be a little diffren from mine and it my vary from hospital to hospital (my hospital was in just outside of Boston) but I found the program to be very helpful. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.