What is recovery to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syn

Banned Member
What does it mean to recover? When can you say that you've healed? How do you know? What would it take for you to personally recover?

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
REcovery for me would be not feeling sadness anymore the guilt
Healed mm when one can move forward in happiness or peace
the last question for me to personally recover well therapy maybe but all i wanted was to see my family heal and be at peace and that won't happen not in my time

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
Recovery to me is being in the world...life will always be stressful and will always require differing ways to cope, but for me, it is being able to hold on to who I am regardless of what is going on

recovery... to me, is like a carrot on a stick, that i can actually believe i will reach if i keep trying. But as soon as i stop telling myself i can reach it, i realize it's just an idea to motivate me toward... or rather, through, everything between here and the end.
recovery is both the carrot, and the belief in reaching the carrot. Without the motivation to believe, there is no belief or motivation... and nothing to reach. And since we all know there is no reason to reach for what isn't there, we have to believe the carrot, so that we can have a reason to get through the challenges in our paths, so that we can achieve things worth achieving... even if we have to believe a false carrot, to get there.

If i were to imagine that recovery can actually exist, i would have to describe it as being healthy, balanced, stable, motivated, and involved... and being content with whatever results from the pursuit of worthy goals. Something like that.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
For me, recovery will be when I actually have things to be happy about, reasons to live, and to no longer want to end my life.

SaraRose

Recovery would be once I could wake up and mot wonder just how longer my life will be forced in this world.

I believe it would take untold amounts of therapy...maybe just a whole new life. Kinda like a makeover but of my entire life. Some events would take me going in the past and forcing events in the opposite direction.

justMe7

Not sure. At this point it's rebuilding and protecting. Even just that comprehension seems to turn to goo but. I suppose recovery is being incontrol of my life and growing again how I feel I am, and connecting with life around me and around others. And damnit being more than this :)

Mr Stewart

It would be when I am able to think about the future by more than a week ahead and be confident about how it will be and if it will be okay. Even when my meds are doing their job and I am following my strategies to keep depression and anxiety levels in check, it's still very hard to think about future.

one day at a time for me. i can't manage more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00