What is so bad about me?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mortdesinos, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

I talk to people more once I get to know them, but initially I am shy and want to hear from other people so that I know I can or cannot trust them. To me this is normal, it's just my personality, the way I adhere to my surroundings. But I feel like people hate me, think bad thoughts of me when I'm with them, and then forget about me afterwards. I like talking on the phone, but there are only a few people who I know wouldn't mind talking to me every couple of days. I am not saying I don't cherish people's friendships, no matter how small they are, because I do. I just don't understand why most people don't open up to me at all, and why it is as if I am invisible.

2. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Some people just aren't comfortable opening up to people, because, just like you, they take trust seriously. It doesn't necessarily mean there's something wrong with you. Maybe they just don't feel like it.

Either way there's nothing you can do about it. You can't change other people's perception of you and whether they want to open up to you.

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I can only speak for myself ... but it takes me a while to feel comfortable enough with someone to trust them and open up. It's nothing against the people I may be talking to, but trust takes a while to build. So it could be the same with the people you're talking to.

4. shazwackers

shazwackers Well-Known Member

It isnt easy to make new friends, I think everyone is super-suspicious of people until they really get to know them...........also I am very outgoing and most of my friends are fundamentally shy, yet I hate talking on the phone.......maybe some of these people are outgoing like me but arent as confident as they appear?

Do you make the first move? If not, then try it.......you've got nothing to lose. I just know that my shy friends really envy me and expect a lot from me as far as communicating is concerned cause they have no idea how insecure and ill (bipolar) I get in social situaltions............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.