what is the best album you have ever heard

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by shades, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shades

shades Staff Alumni

It may not even be your favorite album.

The best album I have ever heard is Pink Floyds "The Wall"!

The lyrics, the concept and music are all impeccable. But like I said, the best album you've heard may not be your favorite. For music value only there are several that I listen to on a regular basis, but they are not "concept" albums and for pure musical enjoyment I also listen to classical albums, so for instance Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" is more enjoyable to listen to for pure musical pleasure.

I'm sure many of you have participate in favorite albums many times, but tastes change and I haven't seen one in awhile.
  2. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Shades shades shades, my friend, you have the right band, wrong album!! Best album in the world IMHO is Pink Flloyd Dark Side of the Moon, the album before the wall came out :)
  3. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

DSM, Lateralus or In the Absence of Truth :)
  4. shades

shades Staff Alumni

OK Chuck...then I have two fave's because "Dark Side of the Moon" is indeed incredible, however...

I feel that there are just as many great songs on "The Wall" and the concept and lyrics are better IMO...hmmmm...like I said the best may not be one's fave and now that I think about it I would probably rather listen to "Dark Side"...on any given day, but I still think that "The Wall' is a more complete album.

And yes, I CAN HAVE IT BOTH WAYS :tongue:

Good point though Chuck! Now get over to your logic thread and tell me the answer to my question! :laugh:
  5. Mystic

Mystic Well-Known Member

I remember seeing The Wall live in London in 1980 & 81. Yes it was fantastic, but I think its become a little jaded, with the exception of a handful of tracks. DSotM will always be at the top. Best album has to be Pulse when the Floyd came to London in 1994. (yes, I was there as well).
  6. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Lucky.. lucky bastard :D
  7. shades

shades Staff Alumni

You may onto something here as it pertains to "The Wall" because I also saw it live in the 80's and I am seeing it again in November, here in Los Angeles. The first time, I was on a certain something that enhances the senses (L.S... something or other) when I saw it...so maybe I'm a bit jaded because it's one of the best experiences I've ever had. I'll still stick with it though as the best...I can't change my mind now...just alter some thoughts and cheat a little! Have to check into "Pulse" though because I've never heard of that!
  8. fooror

fooror Well-Known Member

Garbage - Version 2.0
  9. Nerve

Nerve Well-Known Member

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - No More Shall We Part
  10. plates

plates Well-Known Member

the one album i remember hearing from start to finish and feeling like everything fit together as a whole and was so powerful to listen to and reflected what i was feeling so well, was damaged-black flag.
  11. boo

boo Well-Known Member

For me, I will need to like at least 90% of the songs from the album for it to be perfect or near perfect album. That's why i prefer to get those "Best Of" albums. Again, there are rare gems once in a while.

* Green Day - American Idiot

* Ol' Dirty Bastard - Return to the 36th chamber (i bought that album twice)

* Radiohead - The bends

* Radiohead - Hail to the thief

* Radiohead - Amnesiac

* Nirvana - Nevermind

* Rancid - Out come the wolves
  12. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

My favourite album of all time?

Modal Soul Classics - Nujabes
  13. Nerve

Nerve Well-Known Member

awesome, i have the black flag tattoo in my calf
  14. Ihatemyselfalot

Ihatemyselfalot Banned Member

Down by Down...

Sums up my life...
  15. Mystic

Mystic Well-Known Member

Pulse is not just a double CD, its the DVD of the performance.

If you're into Floyd and you have not seen this...

In one word.....awesome!
  16. 000000

000000 Well-Known Member

Best album of all time: Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols by the Sex Pistols

Runners up: Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys, Strange Days by The Doors and Station to Station by David Bowie.

Animals is bar none the best album Pink Floyd ever made.
  17. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Thanks for the info. Going to order it right now!
  18. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Entertainment- Gang of Four:cool:

Runner ups:
    More Songs about Food and Buildings- Talking Heads
    Against the Grain- Bad Religion
    Wild Gift- X
    Dig Me Out- Sleater Kinney
  19. plates

plates Well-Known Member

:wootrock: I haven't heard Entertainment for AGES, I need to listen to it again!
  20. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

Abbey road - the Beatles This springs to mind but I have others that I could've put up there
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.