What is the goal of life?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by AlwaysConflicted, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlwaysConflicted

AlwaysConflicted New Member

If life is constantly racing towards death, then is the goal of life to die?
  2. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I'd say that the goal is to not drop out, and at least finish. No fun in being the guy who can't do it...
  3. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Were all born to die but it's one of those races where I can decide when I cross the finishing line.
  4. BBQman

BBQman New Member

What is Finish?

You say, "the goal of life is to finish." WTF is the finish? My wife has Alzheimer's and is not sure some times who I am and has no idea what happened yesterday or ten years ago. Has she finished her life? I believe the finish occurred years ago.

My health is gone - caused by MRSA and resulting in major heart and lung problems Am I finished? I think so. There comes a time when the work of continuing to live overcomes the will to live.

If finishing is the goal, then I have finished. It is time for me to ensure her safety and then leave. I have no idea how this corresponds with your idea of finishing, however it is time for me to finish this pain.
  5. Shattered Soldier

Shattered Soldier Well-Known Member

I think the goal in life is to learn as much as we can about ourselves and become the best people we can possible be.
  6. Kohdii

Kohdii Member

Life is a waiting room. The wisest choices to make in my opinion to pass the time are, ponder why we're here, where we've been, and where we're going, or to cut the wait short and find out for ourselves.

And personally, the pondering to pass the time is getting just as boring as reading old magazines in the hospital.
  7. boo

boo Well-Known Member

To finish what you started.
  8. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

It's whatever you say it is. Life will never be anything but life. It's people that give it labels and those labels create expectations. If there is a goal to life, it's one you set yourself.
  9. boo

boo Well-Known Member

To be remembered when you die.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.