what is the longest time you've ever gone without harming yourself?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by emily83, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

just wondering... what is the longest time you all have gone without harming yourself

for me, about 3 weeks... i find it really hard when i'm not doing it

i always end up saying- i'm not gonna do it, i'm gonna lay off it a bit, but never works

2. emily83

may i add that, it's not always cutting or something really destructive, but even if it's something small.. i still have to do it

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I think it was like...2 or 3 months or something like that. Someone had asked me to stop cutting, someone I thought really cared about me. When he abandoned me, that's when I started up again. I don't see any reason not to do it now. At least now I know I can go without doing it, but it can be a difficult task.

4. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

why do you say you have to do it?

5. emily83

it feels good, it allows me all the pain i deserve, and it keeps me sain- not quite sure where i'd be without it

6. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

The longest i have ever gone is 7 months and that was a long time ago at the moment am nearly on 2 months

7. Ellie Grey

Ellie Grey Well-Known Member

It was around 4-7 months, this was years ago so I can't remember exactly, but it was a fair amount of months.

8. klaardb

klaardb Member

In the last year I haven't been able to go more than 1 day without some form of self harm.

9. innocencexisxlove

innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

One year, Three months, and 21 Days... It wasn't easy, and now I can barely make more than a day.

10. MdngtRain

MdngtRain Well-Known Member

I went a year and 9 months, it ended about 8 months ago... I haven't picked it up as intently as I had done it in the past (goes in spurts ever few weeks as opposed to several times a day), but I think about it all the time again. It's easier to not do this time around...

11. Moubliez

Moubliez New Member

This ones a hard one, because I pick at myself on many days without realizing it then have scabs later, or I dont let myself eat, or I do end up letting it out in a bad place. So id say not since april, but I have been punishing my body.

12. Moubliez

Moubliez New Member

May i request that try to write down the reasons why you self harm in a journal, and see if you can find less destructive ways to get the same feelings resolved, I went to drawing on my arms or wearing a rubber band and flicking yourself, this helped me a ton.

13. please forgive me

please forgive me Account Closed

I went 3 years without cutting, i did a lot of exercise and working out,

14. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

I think, 4 to 4 and a half years

15. Sparrow91

Sparrow91 Well-Known Member

About 5-6 years

16. Microcosmos

Microcosmos Member

About 10 years. I relapsed a few times earlier this year. Feelings of shame came over me afterwards. Since then, I've been smoking cigarettes as a way to destroy myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.