What is the most effective over-the-counter weight loss pill?

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by marin01, Apr 14, 2010.

1. marin01

marin01 New Member

I know I need to exercise and gain a healthy lifestyle, but what are the best weight loss pills to help support my weight loss?
    Or is there any vitamins/mineral that will support weight loss?

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Orlistat is really all there is that is considered safe.

3. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I never took medium chain triglycerides (MCT's) in a supplement form but when I eat something high in palm or coconut oil- a saturated but safe (in reasonable amounts) fat and the richest natural source of MCT's my metabolism definitely kicks into high gear. I have hypothyroidism and I am normally cold with a very slow heart rate but soon after ingesting MCT's my heart rate and body temperature definitely responds.

MCT's are very popular with body builders who are always trying to keep their bodyfat percentage minimal. http://www.healthline.com/hlbook/nut-medium-chain-triglycerides By the way, the stimulant- based over the counter weight loss pills are very dangerous- many brands and formulations have been recalled/banned because users suffered liver damage or blood pressure issues. The stimulant based weight loss supplements also cause hyperactivity and anxiety.