What is the Point of Being Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forgotten_Man

So here is my question. I am Under Moderation... should I just fucking leave? I mean seriously I cannot be a part of any discussions or help anyone. Because by the time my posts actually get cleared the discussion on certian threads is already over.

SO please someone anyone tell me why the fuck I should remain here? If I wanted to be in a place where my comments and posts go unheard and unseen I would have just remained on LiveJournal.

I don't think you should leave. Your opinions should still be heard. We just don't have a member of staff on every minute of every day to approve moderated posts, that's all. We do the best we can.
And if you consider that an argument for being taken off moderation, it's really not. I'm sorry that you feel your responses are being posted too late to be relevant. But you are under moderation for a reason, and if it becomes apparent to staff that that reason no longer exists, the under-moderation thingy will be lifted.
Basically, if you leave, you leave the support that is here for you. If you stay, and just behave and everything, you will hopefully be trusted to make posts without them being moderated first.
Sorry if this isn't the kind of response you were looking for.

Lauren

Forgotten_Man

moonstar89 said:
I don't think you should leave. Your opinions should still be heard. We just don't have a member of staff on every minute of every day to approve moderated posts, that's all. We do the best we can.
And if you consider that an argument for being taken off moderation, it's really not. I'm sorry that you feel your responses are being posted too late to be relevant. But you are under moderation for a reason, and if it becomes apparent to staff that that reason no longer exists, the under-moderation thingy will be lifted.
Basically, if you leave, you leave the support that is here for you. If you stay, and just behave and everything, you will hopefully be trusted to make posts without them being moderated first.
Sorry if this isn't the kind of response you were looking for.

Lauren
I guess this site is not big enough for to have mods on 24/7.... it still pisses me off...

And since this is an angry thread. Is it common for a person to be put under moderation without being notified as to why? Because I, in all honesty, do not know why I am under moderation. That is another thing that REALLY pisses me off... being out of the loop.

Forgotten_Man

Abacus21 said:
The staff do not put people under moderation without giving a reason.
To whom? Themselves or to the person. Because I am not kidding I have NO clue as to why I am in this state... well I have an idea... but that is me guessing..... I want to be sure. I mean one day I had full priviliges the next day
I showed up things looked different and BAM I was under moderation... and I have no clue as to why.

But if my guess is right I am going to be like this for quite a while since my very nature and beliefes are what got me into this mess... most likely like I said I do not know for sure.

sadsong

Staff Alumni
Forgotten_Man said:
I guess this site is not big enough for to have mods on 24/7.... it still pisses me off...

All the staff are volunteers, we all lead our own lives outside of this forum, we are not paid to be here. We all have our own issues and problems to deal with which quite often take up a large amount of time. I'm sorry you feel that this is not good enough, but we do what we can, and most of the time there is a member of staff around.

Forgotten_Man

sadsong said:
All the staff are volunteers, we all lead our own lives outside of this forum, we are not paid to be here. We all have our own issues and problems to deal with which quite often take up a large amount of time. I'm sorry you feel that this is not good enough, but we do what we can, and most of the time there is a member of staff around.
I am not saying you guys do a HORRIBLE job, I have seen worse MUCH WORSE. At least you try, some places just forget about me.

But you have to see how I feel, being unable to post right away. Makes me feel lesser, mainly because I cannot impart advice when people need it the most. And you say that I am a valued memeber but that is hard to believe when I have to wait for my messages to get posted. I have gotten used to the size of this place and understand that someone is not always on. But it is hard to feel comforted by people who are like "We love you, we just don't trust you" do you understand what I am saying?

D

dark_thought

I would like to know why this kind, thoughtful and sincere individual is being censored. You may not agree with his views, but there are few people on this board as open and friendly as he.

I demand an explanation for this fascistic behavior.

Forgotten_Man

rahul1000 said:
I totally understand how you feel. Do you know why you are under moderation though?
Ha NOOOOO the mods saw fit to put me under moderation but not fit to tell me why.... I bet they PMed me why right before they put me under moderation:laugh: ....:mad: that is seriously fucked up...

R

Robin

There's only one reason for being put under moderation and that's if you post questionable material. Keep posting questionable material and you will be banned instead. If you have a problem with the decision use the contact us link at the bottom of every page like everyone else where I will respond to your email myself.

Lastly, this is not a people's forum, whereas we listen to members concerns we do not fall over backwards to ignore the idiots who can be bothered to read the rules or understand the ethos of the site.

Post anything even remotely considered pro suicide from this moment on and you will be banned.

Forgotten_Man

Robin said:
There's only one reason for being put under moderation and that's if you post questionable material. Keep posting questionable material and you will be banned instead. If you have a problem with the decision use the contact us link at the bottom of every page like everyone else where I will respond to your email myself.

Lastly, this is not a people's forum, whereas we listen to members concerns we do not fall over backwards to ignore the idiots who can be bothered to read the rules or understand the ethos of the site.

Post anything even remotely considered pro suicide from this moment on and you will be banned.
Ahhh I knew it... so walking the line is not something I am allowed to do?

And I would hope that you would stick to your own rules. In a way it was more of a joke.

This is the problem. Your idea of walking the line or having a little joke could end up with a vulnerable person committing suicide. This is a place where people come for support, not to be used as targets for your perverse humour. I personally don't think that this is the place for you, at least not until you learn to respect people and stop believing that they are here to be toyed with.
Shygirl

Forgotten_Man

shygirl said:
This is the problem. Your idea of walking the line or having a little joke could end up with a vulnerable person committing suicide. This is a place where people come for support, not to be used as targets for your perverse humour. I personally don't think that this is the place for you, at least not until you learn to respect people and stop believing that they are here to be toyed with.
Shygirl
Ummm true I do crack a joke everyonce in a while. But I don't toy with people. I only say walk the line meaning I give off my true opinion within the limits of the rules. I just try to give advice nothing less, the problem is that my advice breaks rules. So to not break rules I modify the advice so that it is just within the scope of the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00