What is the point of it all?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by moxman, Sep 18, 2016.

1. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Why live, when it just pain, a never ending pain? Why live, when it just filled with sorrow?

GameADDict, Deety and Thauoy like this.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry things are rough for you right now, but things will get better, your kids need you, a lot. Your daughter will be an adult in no time and you will be there for her to comfort and support her like you always do. I'm sure she would really miss you. I think you are a great parent and a great person with a huge heart and a lot to offer the world.

moxman likes this.
  3. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

I really understand your situation. I have gone through such a situation in my life. I don't know why I am having intense suffering in life ? I am just hanging on thinking that one day my life gets better. Living is just painful for me. One problem goes , another problem comes in. My life is a series of endless difficulties. Sometimes, I wonder why other people are having such a happy life while people like me always suffering.

moxman likes this.
  4. Greying

Greying Substandard

Why? Because the world would be a much shittier place without you in it.. *hug *hug *hug

Thauoy and moxman like this.
  5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Moxman. We need people need like YOU to welcome the others to this forum. The forum would not be the same without YOU. Please try your best to keep going my friend.

6. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

I have no answers, but feel for you. xx

DrownedFishOnFire, Thauoy and moxman like this.
  7. jessanne

jessanne Member

Be strong. I am having a day feeling exactly the same as you right now. It's really hard and I understand. But God loves you and you are worthy of that love, and you are a special person.

moxman likes this.
  8. ponkotsu

ponkotsu Well-Known Member

I don't know why we keep going in the face of such awful feelings. I wish I had something more intelligent or helpful to say to ease your suffering. Sometimes the pain lets up a bit and we can see other things. I know it's nothing to live off of but try to remember that life inevitably ebbs and flows. Things won't stay the same forever.

Thauoy and moxman like this.
  9. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey Mox, I've asked those questions many times........haven't found an answer. When I'm like that I usually look at something I love......for me that's my dog......I look at her and my heart melts and determine to keep going just to look after her and make sure she's alright.
    You have family that loves you and especially your little grandaughter......look in her eyes and I'm sure you'll see your answer there. You're a good and caring person that contributes to people's life at home and here.
    Take care
    Brian

10. Indeed, what is the point of living endlessly at all? One way or another, you die. We live to survive, keep on trudging until the end is in sight. But then after death, there is nothing, not even darkness, not even the feeling of nothing, no shining afterlife. While this existence may not be the best, its the only one there is, and we must make full use of it. Make your life something useful, and helps other become useful, for if you kill yourself, then your life's purpose was to die, which would become purposeless all over again.

DrownedFishOnFire and Thauoy like this.