What is the point of this place?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by detest, Feb 26, 2012.

1. detest

detest Banned Member

No one truly cares about anyone else here. We're all just filling a hole in our souls by fullfilling a moral obligation that holds no true meaning for anyone. It's all bullshit.

I'll see you all in the kitchen with a rope. :mad:
  2. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

I care about people here. We all share similar feelings, which is what connects us. We can understand each other, guide and advise one another.

I have made some long term friends on here, and my life wouldn't be the same without them.

:hug: xx
  3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Heya, detest. What's happening that makes you feel no one here truly cares anyone else here? Have we let you down in some way? I hope not.

I know it's hard to believe in people when other significant people in our past have betrayed our trust and caring. Lots of people here DO care.

I hope you'll reply here, or PM me if you wish.
  4. detest

detest Banned Member

It's not due to anything that has been done on this site, it's just simple logic.

Why would you care for someone you've never met? The idea is almost foreign to me at this point. :huh:
  5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

We care because we've all been there.
    As the saying goes, "Misery loves company", but also people who hurt or have been hurt want to try to help those in pain.
    I hope you find some comfort here.
  6. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

As Terry said, people who know pain themselves often care about others in pain. When people share here on the forum, members do get to know them - and many people have established form friendships. I hope that you will too. :hug:
  7. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

I do understand where you are coming from....especially when you speak of moral obligations. As a matter of fact, I think of that aspect as like those of fundamentally protective relationships. Like a few fellow members said above, some here do form very rewarding relationships that continue to blossom.....if there was one thing I could tell you, it would be that while getting to know people here on a deeper level can take a lot of time, the caring can gradually become less conditional and thus more powerful in the grand scheme of things.

Please take care and stay safe. :arms:
  8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I've met some really nice people on this site. It doesn't matter if you have never met them, you can get to know people well through here and become close to them. I'm sorry that you feel let down, but we will always be here to listen.
  9. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

My advice is to look for people you can relate to, then talk to them frequently. I have several good friends all over the continent now. One just offered to let me live in her vacant apartment or maybe even in her second house for 5 weeks, if her husband will agree to it, if I need a place to stay while trying Ketamine for depression in New York City. I have never met this person in RL but have talked to her online almost everyday for a year. I consider her my best friend. People will care for you on the level that you are a human being here at first, but if you develop relationships, you will find the deeper caring that you are looking for.

On some metaphorical level, we are all indeed in the kitchen with a rope--so we try to act accordingly towards each other as much as possible.