What is the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. My name is Crystal and I'm 19 years old. I was in college. I shared a house with a roommate. I had a job. Now I have nothing. I live with my parents and have no income nor money to go to college. I got out of anything I was doing. It became too much for me too handle and I backed out. I am now backing away from friends and family members yet loneliness is a major cause of my depression. I was diagnosed as bipolar over the summer and it has helped shed some light on why I go through the things I do; being impulsive, reckless, irritable, can't sleep, racing thoughts, etc. I also have horrible anxiety which sometimes keeps me from going out of my house or even my room. I hate what's going on with me. Meds aren't working. Doctors feed me the same lines of crap and it's just ridiculous. I'm doing the right thing by searching for help but noone seems to be able to help me. THat's why I'm here. At least to just talk with others who share my problems.
I feel that nothing is going right. There is nothing on this earth for me. I have written my own book dealing with my depression and bipolar problems so I feel I have fulfilled my only purpose. No one seems interested in me to date. Friends get tired of me flaking out on them. And I don't blame them. I don't know. I have been very suicidal lately. It's always on my mind. I'm so close to doing it it's not even funny. The only thing stopping me is my family who are always around. But when they are asleep and I can't sleep it's a different story. Then I'm all alone in my hell. That's what it feels like anyway. I cut myself. Just enough to see blood then I stop because I know if i dont I will go all the way. It's so hard. I'm so tired and can't sleep and I'm afraid of overdosing on sleeping pills. I pass my time writing, watching tv, working out, reading when I can concentrate and playing video games. I feel I have nothing to give to this world, like I'm not contributing anything and that I am just a waste. I can't work. I can't do anything because I nearly have panic attacks. It's horrible and I hope no one else has to feel this way. It's so lonely. Family and friends don't understand me and distance themselves from me or call me lazy. That makes me feel like it's a knife to the heart. I feel worthless. Unloveable. A disgrace. This is me at my worst and I hate it. So much!!!

sudut

crystal,
good to hear you've written a book to share with us. Most of what you've written could go a long way in helping lots of forum members here, so i don't think your life purpose is done. Do not fret when others distance themselves from you. remember its not what others do to you or what happens to us in life...its about how we respond to what happens to us. respond by being nice to them regardless and don't try to force yourself in their circle. go volunteer somewhere in a old folks home or hospital just once a week and just get one friend who is feeling lonely. you will start feeling different. i promise. remember we are here for others. share parts of your book with us. merry xmas.

lymeinside

I have social anxiety, too. It is so horrible, I can't believe it. I am in a similar situation; I don't work, I just live at home and pass the time doing boring things by myself.

I know EXACTLY how you feel. No one can really understand social anxiety unless they experience it themselves. I get called lazy, useless, etc. It's not that I don't want to do things. I feel incredibly anxious. I avoid almost everything I can. I find it hard to even find a job, because I don't think I can deal with anything that involves talking to a lot of people. :/

You are lucky to even have friends. I sure don't.

If you ever want to talk to someone that knows what you're going through, feel free to PM me or AIM me, lymeinside is my AIM username.

hi crystal and :welcome: to SF. I hope you are able to find the support you need here. There are many who share the same problems as you have. I look forward to seeing you around the forum. Take care. :hug:

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Welcome to the forum Crystal.:smile: We all have our own problems here which makes us more compassionate than most in understanding the problems of others. We are good listeners too. Come here to vent any time you feel the need or when living is just so hard to get thru. We'll help you and love you and support you. Lean on us when you don't feel strong. That's what friends are for!:smile:

least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00