what is the point?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by hammockmonkey, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

If you have a dream and know that you'll never accomplish it, what is the point of continuing to live?

I fucked myself over by being a depressed whiny bitch, and because of this, I will never finish with a good GPA, and I'll never be able to enter a decent graduate program. I already know the answer (for myself) but what do other people think?
  2. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

i think that you should still try to accomplish it
    i mean, even if its hard, itll give you a break from
    thinking about wanting to kill yourself

i have this one goal that im starting,
    the goal is making a sign for each of my dearest
    friends and sending them all out in the mail,
    along with a letter explaining how they make me feel.
    i know that its really korny, but i was thinking about doing
    it a while back anyways.

hopefully, someone sends something back to me :(

hope this answered anything
  3. I was a prize winner at school, came out of uni with a good degree, and am now a fully qualified accountant.

However being made redundant, I cannot get a job, ANY job. I am now depressed, and the day to day is a real struggle.

Moral of the story; always expect the unexpected in life......usually (as in my case) for the worse.
    Perhaps for you hopefully, for the better.
  4. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

I have read recently this statistic: only 13% of 18-33 year olds feel they are living their dreams, but 75% of their parents feel are living or have achieved their dreams.

I guess there are a couple ways of viewing that information.

Half full: 'The prime of your life' doesn't necessarily have to be make-or-break time for self-actualization, and with average lifespans getting longer, accomplishments may be happening for many people later in life.

Half empty: The older generation eventually realized their dreams were impossible and settled for a mediocre life they never really wanted.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.