What IS the point?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Eleanor, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eleanor

Eleanor Member

All I seem to do is hurt people. I'm incapable of making any kind of decision and everyone is sick of that. I don't want to be with the person I'm with but I'm too frightened to hurt him. The person I do want to be with doesn't care any more. I just want all the pain to end. I just want to be dead.

2. LonerForever

LonerForever Well-Known Member

Hey :hug: You haven't hurt me hun xx You have to keep holding on. I don't want you to be dead :(

3. Eleanor

Eleanor Member

Can't live with the pain any more.

4. Moat

Moat Banned Member

You cannot make everyone in your life all of the time and you only serve to make yourself feel worse if you try. Why stay in a relationship just so you will not hurt him, when it hurts you so much more? Try putting your own happiness first for once and see what kind of a difference that makes for your life.

5. Eleanor

Eleanor Member

I don't deserve to be happy.

6. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

being with a person you don't want to be with is hypocrisy (if you are not already married).

7. LonerForever

LonerForever Well-Known Member

sudut: When someone needs help usually the best thing to do is to, you know, help them? Now isn't the time for criticism. Sometimes people can't help where they are stuck. I've known more than one person who has been unable to leave the person they are with as they have literally nowhere else to go.

Eleanor: Whatever you do don't kill yourself please. You once said that you felt you had made a friend in me. Please, hold on to that if for nothing else. I'm still your friend now and I want to be for as long as it is humanely possible. I'm not going to leave you I promise. You just need to trust me and keep holding on. We need you here. You do deserve to be happy hun. You've just been dealt a bad hand in life so far but it won't always be that way. You can and will be happy. You just need to trust me :hug:

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Eleanor.Welcome to the forums, I'm glad you have found us.How do you always hurt people?
    What makes you think that? If you don't want to be with the person you're with, then leave, do you have some place else to go if you broke up with him?
    I wish I had the answers for you but sadly I don't.
    Please don't give up on life though, I'm sure you have lots to offer the world.

9. darcy1

darcy1 Well-Known Member

i know what you mean when you say "i don't deserve to be happy".
    i feel the same way.

10. DrNick1010

DrNick1010 Well-Known Member

Me too. I feel that way all the time. Sucks we all face depression, but it's good to know when you're not alone.

11. Eleanor

Eleanor Member

I'm sorry if I worried everybody and thank you to everyone for being so understanding. I am feeling a lot better today but it does feel like I'm on a emotional rollercoaster at the moment. I go from being more or less okay to hating myself and wanting to end it all, and I think that is what is stopping me from doing the right thing - leaving my partner and moving on with my life. He deserves better and so do I.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.