What is the reason,

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by flowerpot, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flowerpot

flowerpot Well-Known Member

to live?

when there is not a soul who cares about you, you don't mean anything, you are not needed, you are just a pointless person. when it's continuously bad thing after bad thing happening every day. when you are useless. when you aren't good at anything. when there is nothing enjoyable. when there is no reason to live? when you're eventually going to die anyway?
  2. helena

helena Staff Alumni

Hard question to answer.....I mean, if noone loves you; you think you aren"t good at anything etc....
    May I ask how old you are?
    It's possible that the real meaning of your life is yet to show, and you only need time
    to do it's thing.
    It can be temporary too, bad things, no one who loves you or care " in real life"....
    I wander if really really noone cares, as specially parents have a strange way of caring sometimes; it feels like they just don't; due to some clumbsyness:)huh:) in showing it or because they let the worries scream out first and even forget to say I love you.
    And yes, we are going to die anyway, but it's the nice things we come across for the time beeing that should make it fun or rewarding to experience.
    I hope it makes some sense, and helps you carry on , in pursuit of the good thing that lay ahead for you.
    Take care,
  3. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

How about this Flower,

You stick around. Tell me about yourself, I'll tell you about myself, and then we'll be friends and then we'll both care about the other person's wellbeing? As an Aussie, I already know that you have nerves of steel - the giant spiders.... *yuck!*

In all seriousness, there's a possibility that depression or some other mood disorder is making you think this way. Please stick around a bit longer. If only for the occasional piece of fudge cake.

Also life is about helping one another through tough spots. It's to be found in small smiles and sincere friendship. At times everybody is lonely and feels abandoned. Some people more than others, but still. If you struggle on, life will be ok. Conversely, we only have 80 years max-- so why rush ahead of things? It's not like we've the life span of a star, which would be.. something.
  4. flowerpot

flowerpot Well-Known Member

what's this about giant spiders? :blink:

i guess basically..
    things can't be fixed

so you can either a) pointlessly put up with a whole lot of years of shit or
    b) give up early

eh :sad:
  5. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

I really care for you. It's nice to get your PMs :hug:

You say there's no soul who cares about you but someone needs to start in a friendship. Try making friends. It's hard to find people who understand you especially if your depressed and suffer from SA but there are nice people out there and you just have to find them.

I used to care about no one and hence no one cared about me, but as soon as you open up (very hard!!!!) they open up to you as well and voila a soul cares for you :biggrin:

We on SF are one big "happy" family. We need to stick together, you are part of the family and we all care for your wellbeing.

I think that the reason to live is to enjoy it however you can and by doing so you don't need to know what the reason in. Only at moments of dispair and pain do you normally think about the meaning of life and such things.
  6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

We care about you.

Here is the reason to live. None of us, or most of us here don't know. If you're not here, that will be one lesson person we have on the search for meaning in life. We need you here to search and share with us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.